“Excellent Chinese + Dim Sum”

Silver Star Chinese
Ranked #513 of 2,151 Restaurants in Jacksonville
Cuisines: Chinese
Reviewed April 15, 2011

Been eating here since 1999, and the food has not changed, except for the addtion of Dim Sum. Quality of the regular Chinese dishes are much better than other "takie outies", you don't get the feeling that it's Chinese fast food/cafeteria/food court type food. You don't find many chinese family dine-in's like this anymore.

As for Dim Sum, great tasting selections for a very very decent price. As of April, 2011 the most Dim Sum are priced at $3.25 each plate (usually 3 pieces of that item). Plus, they serve Dim Sum 7days/week. For the rest of the menu, prices are very family friendly; Appetizers from $1.50 - $6; Entrees from $8 - $14.

Silver Star is a must if you like good Chinese food. Located in a small shopping plaza on Blanding Blvd. just north of 103rd St.

1  Thank MikeN904

Reviewed January 3, 2011

I'll keep going, Second time and it is just getting better. In Panama there are many chinese restaurants where you can find traditional Dim Sum , we have adopted this meal as a Sunday brunch and I been going since I was a child , that is why I feel with the authority to give Silvert Star Dim Sum , 5 THUMBS UP. My top 5 : 1-Phoenix claws( fung jow /chicken feets) 2- sticky rice in lotus leaf ( chinese tamal),3- rice roll with pork(char siu fun) 4- pork and shrimp dumpling(siu mai) and shrimp dumpling(ha kao) YOU MUST ORDER BOTH 5- ribs and black beans (pai gwut / ribs and black beans).... ATTENTION SILVER STAR STAFF: THE TEA WATER IS NOT HOT ENOUGH , Is not cool to fight with those jasmin leaf in your mouth ( IT HAPPENED THE 1ST TIME TOO) .

1  Thank 507inJAX
Reviewed December 30, 2010

I use to go to Silver Star many moons ago when it was on Cassat Ave. It had great food back then but no dim sum. Since they have moved and added the dim sum, it has just gotten better. Only place in Jax for dim sum that I know of and the dim sum is very YUMMY! I have had dim sum in San Francisco and it was realy good out there. I would give Silver Star a damn good run with China Town.

Do not let the interior fool you, may be a bit run down, but it is well worth the visit!

1  Thank DaMickMan
Reviewed January 7, 2008

We went to this restaurant for dinner on Sun, Jan 06, 2007. Although the restaurant is only 20 minutes from Jacksonville Landing, it is hard to spot for people who are not from the town. I am a Chinese and I love Dim Sum. After reading the previous review, we decided to give it a try. The idea of whole day Dim Sum was excellent. Although the selections were limited, almost all food tasted delicious and authentic. This was a big surprise to me. However, the service was slow. We had to wait and constantly saying "excuse me" to get our ice teas refilled.

Reviewed October 22, 2007

This place was an amazing find. I have been searching for a Dim Sum place in Jacksonville ever since I moved here 4 months ago. This is the only place I have found that is worth mentioning. They have a 24-item+ Dim Sum menu and serve it by order all day. They are talking about bringing it around by cart, but probably can't do it until they have the demand. So please check this place out! The more people that support go - the more items they will be able to add, and the longer they will be able to serve by cart. The food is great. The price is very reasonable. If you appreciate authentic, quality, Hong Kong-style food - then you need to try this place out ASAP!!!

2  Thank Hungryinjax