“We good dinner there.”
Review of The Blue Fish

The Blue Fish
Reserve with OpenTable
The Blue Fish is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #31 of 2,026 Restaurants in Jacksonville
Cuisines: American
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Dining
Cross street: Talbot
Washington, Pennsylvania
“We good dinner there.”
Reviewed January 2, 2014

Serive was very good. Seems to be a very popular place. Busy. But also noisy with the bar crowd pushing on the food seating.
I liked the Jambalaya. But, I have had better. Marilyn had fried fish which she did not care for.
Portions were good, But, overall, we have had better seafood.

• Visited December 2013

“Excellent!”
Reviewed December 27, 2013

What a great time! We had six of us for happy hour upstairs in the piano bar. Service was excellent. we had quite a few of the tapas appetizers fro the happy hour menu that were really tasty. Nice selection of wines, beers and cocktails. Can be a great place for a romantic dinner for two or a party of many! A must try when you stop in Avondale!

• Visited December 2013
Orlando, Florida
“Great service, food was a more aquired taste”
Reviewed December 15, 2013

My experience was that I had great service, the food came out fast. The sock it to me shrimp were very good.

The fish i had was great but some of my party did not like their food. I tasted their mac & cheese, crab claws... and it had a strange after taste which may have been an herb I was not familiar with. Otherwise it was pretty good.

Im not sure I would reccomend just because of that.

Visited December 2013
Middleburg, FL
“Very Good - Not Great, but very good.”
Reviewed November 20, 2013

The Blue Fish is deservedly one of the better seafood restaurants in Jacksonville, Florida. It is a casual, albeit higher end eatery, serving good fresh seafood in a facility with a nice, modern ambiance. The shrimp I had was a 7.5 on a scale of 10 - very good, but perhaps a little less flavorful than I would have liked. The fresh fish my wife had was very good, blackened nicely and very flavorful. I'd say the sides were a bit less special than the main course, but still acceptable for the price. Overall, don't expect a top of the line experience, but you can bet on an acceptably tasty meal in nice surroundings with pretty attentive service.

• Visited July 2013
1 Thank John J
Dubuque, Iowa
“Canolli and scallops for Adeline Rose”
Reviewed November 14, 2013 via mobile

Visiting our daughter and son-in-law a few times each year, we enjoy taking them to different and eclectic restaurants in the top 25 of Jacksonville...tonight was a little off that path with focus on seafood and near where our daughter first lived in town. When we first walked in I almost did a turnaround, you know the place...too loud, too pretentious, too high cost...but that was first look and I always give something called "the Blue Fish" a chance. Thank goodness we did, of course we also had 3-year old granddaughter with us. Our waiters, led by Donald K. was attentive and knew every bit of the menu, plus the advance team ordered early food and drinks timely and accurately...the fish options were excellent and the preperation choices exquisite. Plus, they were not put off by the foodies in our table or the three year old who knows her way around seafood. Cheers all around, well worth the stop, but perhaps the open patio in back for quieter time.