“Great food. Johnny is a great server”

Benny's Steak & Seafood
Ranked #204 of 2,001 Restaurants in Jacksonville
Good for: Large groups, Special occasions, Families with children, Scenic view, Romantic
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Late Night, Full Bar, Outdoor Seating, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: Laura
Transit: The City of Jacksonville offers a bus stop in front of The Landing. You may also choose to arrive here by monorail, water taxi or trolley.
Description: Benny’s Steak and Seafood is located on the waterfront of the St. Johns river. Benny's is known for it's delicious seafood and steaks. Come try our Filet Christian Steak or our Chef Seabass. We also appeal to our pasta lovers as well with our pasta selections. Come in for a couples romantic dinner or bring the whole family and let the children select from our kid friendly children’s menu. Benny’s also offers two full service bars, one located inside and the other located outside on our beautiful waterfront patio. Come join us for happy hour right off your boat or join us for a drink before your nightly event. Benny’s Steak and Seafood has a great lunch menu to please you. We offer $8.95 lunches, including your soft beverage. If you are looking to book a large party, look no more. Benny's specializes in wedding rehearsal dinners, graduation and birthday parties. Whatever your reason for dining, Benny’s steak and seafood is your right choice.
Ionia, Michigan
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Great food. Johnny is a great server”
Reviewed March 20, 2014

Food was great. View was awesome! Johnny made us feel very comfortable. He is a great asset. He was good at recommendations.

Visited March 2014

Charleston, South Carolina
“Great Grouper”
Reviewed March 9, 2014

This restaurant is on the river and i think almost every table has a view. I had panco crusted grouper that melted in my mouth. I think the others in my party enjoyed their meals as well. Our Waiter Johnny gave us excellent service, but I expect it at an upscale establishment.
Two days later, I returned to Benny's for a quick appetizer and drink. Again, I was not disappointed. We had the spinach artichoke dip and some kind of steak tips. Both were yummy.

Visited March 2014
Orlando, Florida
“Sent back two dishes. Terrible food. Excellent bartender.”
Reviewed February 25, 2014 via mobile

My colleague and I just went to Benny's tonight for dinner. We got there wanting to sit outside but the music was so loud we couldn't hear ourselves talk. We asked for a table and they were on hold... Not taking anyone. So we went inside I the bar. The bartender was friendly and was doing a great job in a packed situation. She was very attentive.
My colleague ordered fish and I ordered a salad. My salad came and was literally something that looked like a bag salad from a grocery store. It had huge chunks of bad lettuce, a few olives, and cut chunks of cheese. It was a pitiful excuse for a salad and I was not willing to pay $10.00 for something I could buy at Publix for $4.00 so I sent it back.
The bartender recommended the Ahi. I love that usually, so I said great let's try it. I are one bite and had to spit it out. It was touch and fishy tasting. Then I smelled the plate and it smelled fishy. Ahi is normally melt in your mouth with no smell. This Ahi was bad. I sent back the second plate and gave up on dinner. I want to think that a restaraut this busy with such high prices is usually good. It may have been a bad night for them. But the bartender was attentive and accommodating and apologetic and she was excellent. So one star for the food but the service gets high marks.

2 Thank Dane A
“Was satisfied and shocked at the same time”
Reviewed February 23, 2014

I went to Benny's while visiting the downtown area. I was rather hungry when I went there so I ordered quite a bit off of the menu. I enjoyed my food but it was a bit pricey. I would have liked to see more personality with out waiter. Overall, It will be a while before I eat here again unless I hit the lottery. We did not have reservations but one of the employees went out of his way to make sure we got seated.

• Visited February 2014
1 Thank 2011jaxson
Glen Burnie, Maryland
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Lousy service equates lousy restaurant”
Reviewed February 22, 2014

My wife and her girlfriend went because they heard good things. Their waiter was inattentive to them and waited on others took their orders and fed them and left my wife and her friend hungry and angry. By the time he finally got back to them they were informed that the item they wanted to order was gone. Lousy service to me equates to a lousy experience. My wife and her friend asked to speak to a manager and the manager never did stop to see them. When a manager fails to deal with an upset customer, It demonstrates to me that the management is not concerned with that customer's experience. To me that is a sign of an arrogant uncaring individual. To me, it is only another sign of a lousy, poorly run establishment that gives other restaurants a bad name. Based on this alone I would never recommend this establishment to anyone. Never got to try the food left in disgust.

• Visited February 2014