“Almost fabulous!”
Review of Ovinte - CLOSED

Ovinte
Cuisines: Contemporary, International, Wine Bar
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Outdoor Seating, Private Dining, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: Big Island Drive
Description: Excellent menu selections from Chef Ian Lynch, handmade cocktails, and an extensive wine selection, conveniently located in the St. Johns Town Center. Additional reservations and seating may be available; please call for details.
Reviewed October 20, 2013 via mobile

We did have a great dining experience at Ovinte. It was almost exceptional and still recommendable. The of decided to try the new place at Town Center and we're glad we did we had a bumpy start because our [female] bartender was a dud but all other things were great. I ordered a craft cocktail from the menu and she told the didn't have the ingredients. ??? Then went I struggled for a second choice she left No query or suggestions about a similar sub. She was barely there and certainly not engaged. The tapas were good the atmosphere was fun we'll try it again. Just pray we get a different bartender.

Reviewed October 13, 2013

Came in for a happy hour meeting. Were sat immediatly. Drinks were great and different. We ordered many tapas which were perfect sizes for tasting and sharing.

1  Thank courtneyh165
Reviewed September 15, 2013

My husband and I went there spur of the moment as it was a new local place we had never been to. Luckily- it was only 5:45 on aFriday night and so we lucked on a table. I was very underdressed (wearing jean shorts). This was obviously a place to come looking dolled up and hoping to meet someone. The main area was a bunch of cushy couches and chairs. There was only one wall of formal tables. I, personally, hate restaurants that squish the tables together. We managed an end spot and were alone until the end of our meal when a group of four was seated next to us. It was so close, that the lady who sat "next to me" hit my glass with her well- developed backside... All of that aside, the food was awesome (except for the spaghetti tacos which had boring flavor) and our waiter was very knowledgable and attentive. Great wine list and had a fun cocktail to start (made with a cayenne and sugar rim!). Overall- would definitely go back (with reservations and more dressy) for another date night or with friends.

Reviewed September 4, 2013

I came here for the first time for a business meeting and will definitely be back. The menu was divine... So many small plates & creative things to try!! I far prefer this type of dining to commiting to a single dish. The plate sizes varied so you could create a wonderful meal with anywhere from 2 to 5 plates. It's perfect for a night out with girlfirends to enjoy good wine & graze. The prices were a little steep, but the quality was there. The steak they served rivaled what I've had at III Forks, Del Frisco's etc... perfectly seasoned, perfectly cooked. I loved the place even more when I found out it was local. It's a gem!! I hope it thrives.

1  Thank Holly B
Reviewed August 27, 2013

I can see what they were going for when they decorated/designed the space, but I think it just fell short as you can see a Wendy's in the background. The food was really good, though, and I enjoyed the wine that I had.

I understand that it's a tapas bar, but the portions were extremely small even for an appetizer portion.