“good food”

Athens Cafe
Ranked #254 of 1,995 Restaurants in Jacksonville
Cuisines: Greek
Good for: Families with children, Romantic
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Accepts American Express, Accepts Discover, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Buffet, Digital Payments, Free Off-Street Parking, Free Wifi, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Television, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible, Wine and Beer
Hiawassee, Georgia
“good food”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 21, 2013

good food and service.. The baked chicken served with Greek potatoes is excellent...We will return whenever we are in Jacksonville.

• Visited September 2013

Brunswick, Georgia
“Saganaki without pita?”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 8, 2013

I love Greek food and could not wait to visit this establishment while in town on business. I must say that i was somewhat disappointed. My waiter wasted no time in telling me that he was a part time student who would love a 'healthy' tip. I ordered saganaki (my favorite), calamari and friend eggplant, (which was not on the menu & a special request); the food was not at all what i have grown to love and expect when visiting a Greek establishment. The calamari was bland and the saganaki was just a sad piece of cheese, (i hate to say this as i LOVE cheese), served solo with no pita bread. The best part of the meal was the fried eggplant; Which sadly made this trip worth while. Although the food was nothing close to the Greek i have had before, the atmosphere was nice and the place is wonderfully decorated.

Visited September 2013
Ponte Vedra, Florida
“Reasonable Prices, Good Food”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 7, 2013

We were in the mood for Greek food so traveled to this Cafe in a shopping center. From the fresh hearty bread to the soup, salad & entree, we were pleased with the quality of the food. The owner greeted us & the server was very accommodating. I didn't want orzo with my calamari marinara so she offered me spinach, which was delicious. The lentil soup was wonderful! I could have had a bigger bowl of it & the greek salad & been very happy. Everything is made there & next time we'll try the homemade appetizers & entrees like spinach pie, gyros,dips, whole fish, lamb, etc. Don't go for ambiance. There is a windmill, mural, lots of paintings& knickknacks all with a Greek theme. This is a nice family restaurant or place to go for good, wholesome food where the owners are present & cooking.

• Visited October 2013
Jacksonville, Florida
“A lunchtime favorite”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 24, 2013

My office is near here and I always enjoy going. Family owned place and the food is consistently good and service is friendly

Visited April 2013
Jacksonville, Florida
“Great fish and great service”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 28, 2013

We recently had dinner at Athens Cafe. We were regulars there quite some time ago but there were issue with consistency of the food and service. However, they have made many changes and are back better than ever. The fish was fabulous and veggies on the side were very good. Service was superb. If you have not been there in a while, or have never been there, give it a try. We went back and we are glad that we did!

• Visited May 2013