“Dry coffee cups”

Ranked #135 of 2,132 Restaurants in Jacksonville
Good for: Families with children
Dining options: Breakfast
Reviewed February 11, 2013 via mobile

The corned beef hash at Fox is legendary and the atmosphere is good. Getting a warm up on coffee was another story. We sat in a booth that the waitress passed every minute and had to flag her down. She was right there, however, when we laid the cash out for the payout. Come on Fox. You can beat this..

Reviewed November 30, 2012

So the Fox is famous. I think it's famous for being a hole in the wall dive restaurant open only for breakfast and lunch.

The standard breakfast and lunch menu has excellent food. It is overpriced considering we're talking mostly about eggs, pancakes, waffles, etc for breakfast and sandwiches or maybe roast chicken for lunch. So it's excellent food from a basic menu with few interesting items. One of those interesting items is a wonderful fried green tomatoes BLT. Delicious.

We haven't had anything here we haven't enjoyed.

The staff is kind of surly and slow moving. Maybe they don't like me because I lack tattoos and body-piercing. Perhaps if I had a nose ring they'd talk to me. They're never rude but they're not very thoughtful or attentive. Ask for extra napkins and it's like they're doing you a huge favor.

Anyways, the last time I tried to go there was a long line out front so we went to Biscotti's instead. I'm certainly not going to wait in line to get grimaced at while I order and eat high quality comfort food.

Reviewed November 29, 2012

Quaint diner like setting with kitchy decor. Friendly staff with cute waitress uniforms. Go here for breakfast and lunch.

Reviewed September 27, 2012

The Fox Restaurant is a local, small restaurant. Get there early before the line forms down the block! I love eggs sunny side up. They offered basted eggs - a neat trick done with water squirted under a bowl put over the eggs. Everything was yummy. Service was great. It is fun place to eat.

Reviewed September 22, 2012

First impression, greeted at the door from a friendly staff member ( I believe it was the owner, not sure). The place was packed, our wait wasn't that long, we were seated within 5 mins. Our waitress deserves 5 stars providing us with excellent service. Now, the food, typical Diner fare, grease and all, no biggie, but just great breakfast. I saw some items,on the menu for lunch I cant wait to try. This place is located in a historical area, Avondale, park your car, eat, walk, and enjoy the shops. Great weekend outing.