“Great food, service slack”
Review of Olive Garden

Olive Garden
Ranked #687 of 2,001 Restaurants in Jacksonville
Cuisines: Italian
Good for: Large groups, Families with children, Kids
Penney Farms, FL
“Great food, service slack”
Reviewed July 12, 2013

Thursday evening. We were seated immediately in a back room. The room had just been opened and we were the second party seated there. Everything was perfectly clean but they had forgotten to put out cutlery. We ordered and our bread sticks and salad were delivered but still no cutlery. I got up and asked and our cutlery arrived quickly with many apologies. I ordered the seafood Alfredo without green garnishes. My partner ordered the pork ribs with ravioli. In due time our food arrived. My Alfredo was covered with green thingies. When I reminded them of my request they apologized and took it back to the kitchen and, almost immediately returned with another plate of food minus the garnish. The seafood Alfredo was absolutely delicious. My partner said her ribs had excellent flavor but could have been a little more tender.

We'll go to this restaurant again, I'm sure. Over all, we enjoyed our meal.

• Visited July 2013

Philly
“Total Disorganization”
Reviewed July 8, 2013

This place needs a lot of help ! They were the most disorganized restaurant I have ever been. Two people in our group got their food before we were even done our salads. They were done eating, before anyone else even got their food. Then when the rest of the food came out, theirs was there too. They had been given someone elses food ! No one ever even gave an apology. No refills for anything other than alcohol were ever offered. You had to practically beg to get another water. Then when we were leaving, it took five requests of three different people to get some to go silverware for the leftovers. Staying in a hotel, that was a definate need. I would never go back to that Olive Garden.

• Visited July 2013
Jacksonville, Florida, United States
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Its the Olive Garden”
Reviewed May 15, 2013

good food service ok normal for national chain enjoy Olive Garden its my 83 year old mothers favorite spot for diner

Visited January 2013
Orlando, Florida
“Poor atmosphere”
Reviewed May 10, 2013

We go to the Avenues Olive Garden 2-3 times a month. The food is so so and service is about the same. The salads are always terrible with dead or lettuce core used every time. The core of the lettuce should be thrown away instead of served to paying customers. I typically get the lasagna which is sometimes very good and sometimes not. I have had my meal comped more than once here because the meal was not up to standards. I don't go out to eat to get a free meal--I want good food! There is no consistency with this restaurant.
The atmosphere is poor in this place as you can hear every single table's conversations. This is kind of a low rent place and the customers are not very classy. It's ok for if you are getting the inexpensive soup and salad but do not waste your money on the higher priced meals.

• Visited May 2013
1 Thank JJTripper
Jacksonville, Florida
“Olive Garden is Olive Garden”
Reviewed April 22, 2013

The food is fine and so is the service. My friends and I go there for lunch when we have a coupon. I like their bread.

Visited February 2013