“Nice Restaurant”

Cuisines: Japanese
Dining options: Delivery, Reservations
Dining options: Delivery, Reservations
Reviewed March 4, 2014

Stopped here for dinner on a Monday night. Place was busy but not packed. We did not have to wait for a table. I ordered the spicy salmon roll and the scallop and teriyaki steak combo. The food and the show were good. The lobster sauce was good, but I was disappointed in the steak sauce. It was very salty and had an odd taste. The saki was warm and tasty. Our server was super friendly and efficient. All in all, this is a good restaurant. It is rather expensive, but you do get a lot of food for the price. I would recommend it if you're looking for a special treat or for a special occasion.

Reviewed January 8, 2014

Unfortunately, this restaurant has dropped in almost all areas. Service is okay, room is quite dark (I wonder why) and the chef was just going through the motions. Not very engaging or entertaining. Food was okay but they use way to much butter and just tons of salt. Sad to see a fun place slip so much

Reviewed November 28, 2013

In my opinion, this is the best Japanese Steak House In Jacksonville. I have special dietary issues and the staff and chef were able to produce a wonderful meal for me. My husband was happy too, as finally we have found an other restaurant we can go to that both of us can enjoy ourselves and have a great meal.

Reviewed November 3, 2013

We love Daruma. This time like always we come here after the Florida and Georgia football game. The food was great. Our waitress was very nice. Sushi was good. Service was also good. I would've given this place 5 stars, but our chef was really lame. He did cook very well, but he did no tricks and seemed very shy. All what he did was cook our food and serve it to us. So that was a little disappointing, but I'll still give Daruma 4 stars because of the food and service. Hopefully next time we will get a chef that would put a show on for us while cooking at the same time.

Reviewed August 5, 2013

I am not sure what happened to this place, it used to be our favorite place to go for a night out. The last couple of times the hibachi show was lame. And forget about eating on the other side, service is so bad, it completely over shadows the normally good food. The table was greasy and the place needs some updating, everything is so dingy. Find another place if you want a stress free, fun night out. You can do much better and spend less money elsewhere.