“AVOID THIS PLACE”

Good for: Families with children
Jacksonville
“AVOID THIS PLACE”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 25, 2013

I can't believe so many people go here. The Sushi is low quality and the drinks are way over priced. You better double check the fish you order is really what you get. I would not trust this place. Stay Away.

Visited December 2012

Jacksonville, Florida, United States
“Best Hibatchi in Jax”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 2, 2013

We went for my Fiance's birthday and it has probably become our new favorite! I had the chicken and lobster and my fiance had spicy tuna roll and chicken. We LOVED it. The food is all high quality and cooked perfectly. My fiance said that the spicy tuna roll he had was the best he's had anywhere!

• Visited February 2013
Jacksonville, Florida
“Low lighting = bad photos”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 25, 2012

Recently, we met for a birthday party. Some of us had the hibachi, others had just sushi. We tried to take pictures but discovered that the lighting is terrible and the pictures were dark. If you're there for a special events and take pictures, go to the main bar area for better lighting. We, nevertheless, had fun together. As for the food - just average - with no Happy Hour and no daily Specials. Pricing is a bit higher than other Japanese restaurants in the area and the service is very good. Gratuity is added to large groups.

• Visited September 2012
Ponte Vedra Beach, Florida
“Always a good time”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 20, 2012

I had a craving for tempura and Japanese food, so I went with friends to Daruma (beach blvd location) on Saturday night. It was very busy, so we had to wait about 20 mins for a table. I'd say it was worth the wait, even though I usually hate waiting. Ordered the shrimp tempura appetizer (delicious - great flavor and sauce). Then ordered the shrimp and chicken hibachi. It's always a toss up between hibachi and sushi since they're both so delicious. The entertainment was great, and the portions were huge. I had leftovers for dinner and lunch the next day. Definitely would return!

• Visited August 2012
1 Thank Karastar
Gainesville, FL
“Great time”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 26, 2012

Went for dinner tonight (7/26/12) around 8pm with a party of 3 and sat at the hibachi table. Service and seating were great and fast. Everyone: the host, the waitress and cook showed great customer service. The soup was good, salad (had ginger dressing) was decent and the food was GREAT, cooked the way it was ordered. Our cook (Yamato) was friendly, engaging, funny and fast. The "yum yum sauce" was really good too. No complaints at all about the service- the ladies bathroom was a little dirty but that had nothing to do with the great food/experience. Will definitely go back and recommend to anyone looking for good food and service.
We visited the location on Beach Boulevard