“That is why I do not like buffets”
1 of 5 bubbles Review of Golden Corral

Golden Corral
Ranked #1,186 of 1,996 Restaurants in Jacksonville
Cuisines: American, Steakhouse
Good for: Large groups
Dining options: Dinner, Breakfast, Lunch, Seating, Takeout, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Cantonment, Florida
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“That is why I do not like buffets”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 16, 2012

The food was under the light for an extended amount of time. Other foods were mixed in with whatever entree we would select. The bathroom was not clean. Too many lemon peppered dishes.

Visited August 2012

Mint Hill
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Typical quality”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 27, 2012

All of us who travel have come to expect good food,fair prices and attentive service.As well as a quick resolution to any in frequent problems.This restaurant more than measures up.I ate there several times during my stay at Candlewood suites,and it's right in front.Couldn't be any handier.

• Visited April 2012
Sun Valley, Idaho
“Quick and Easy”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 28, 2011

Standard fare buffet, reasonable prices considering it is an all you can eat place. Wide variety of items, salad, soups, meats, vegetables, fried junk, and lots of desserts. Basic food at a good price.

• Visited August 2011
Florida
“Mmmm...Mmmm...Good!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 10, 2009

I really love this restaurant.
I decided to write a review because it really deserves one or one more.
I actually ate there last night, so everything is extra fresh in my mind.
I have my staples that I just have to eat whenever I'm there, which include mash potatoes and meatloaf. Both of them taste very homeade...and the thought is making me want more right now.
I really go crazy when I'm there, it's all you can eat and they have an incredible selection of dishes.
There is truly too much for me to mention, so I will just go with my faves from yesterday.
They are always adding new things to the menu as well.
I had wonderful whole fried catfish with golden breading, huge steak fries, jumbo fried shrimps, one mini cheeseburger hot off the grill. Delicious garlic bread with seasoned sun-dried type tomatoes with herbs. Juicy barbeque grilled chicken, the real thing.
I wanted more, but I just couldn't do it.
I have to mention that the steak is grilled right before your eyes and you can tell them how you want it.
I have to mention a little more, mmmm!
There are lot's of fish and shrimp dishes to choose from.
Tacos, that you make yourself...like being in Tacobell behind the counter.
All kinds of soup, from chicken, to louisiana gumbo with shrimps and good seasonings.
Lot's of fresh salads, fruits and vegetables, but I'm not too into that when I'm feasting.
There are all kinds of pizza, with toppings of pepperoni and even shrimps.
There is always lot's of pot roast, with potatoes (so homeade like), pork chops, fried chicken, roasted chicken, teriyaki style chicken.
There are baked potatoes, sweet baked potatoes, stuffing, macaroni and cheese,
chinese rice, white rice.
Desserts are really nice too, every kind that you can imagine.
Red velvet cake, cheese cake (which was so/so...but I like really rich cheesecake), brownies, cookies of all sorts.
Bread pudding, incredible banana pudding with whipped cream.
There is a soft ice cream dispenser with all the fixings...sprinkles, nuts...etc.
I would say with a drink it's 12.79 per person and the drinks are unlimited.
The staff is friendly and the atmosphere is nice.
You get your own plates and you can take as many as you want.
You don't feel like you are being watched and you can get as much as you want to
eat freely without any shame.
They have breakfast too, but I will write about that another time.
Now I have an excuse to go and eat breakfast there. haha
I have to refresh my memory so that I can write a review...Mmmm!

1 Thank 1BusyGirl2