“Lousy Eggplant Parmigiana - Good Pizza”

Milano's Italian Restaurant
Ranked #458 of 2,072 Restaurants in Jacksonville
Cuisines: Italian
Reviewed December 19, 2012

Their pizza is good, but the Eggplant Parmigiana is mush. This was the 3rd time we've tried a dinner entree item with disappointment. Sorry, but we won't be eating anything from this place any more.

Reviewed October 21, 2012 via mobile

We have eaten here a few times and it has been great every time. The eggplant parmesan is my favorite. The calamari is nice and crispy and seasoned well... no need for the sauce, but that is good too! Great pizza. Nice atmosphere.

5  Thank GuamDivingDiva
Reviewed August 27, 2012

This place never fails to please, from their awesome pizzas to the entres, my favorite being the Fettucinni Chicken Alfredo. Service is great and food comes quickly even when they are slammed and busy. They have their pizza special on Saturday night which comes in handy at least once a month, when junior has his cravings and the pickup price is right. They also have a full service bar that is usually quiet but a bar is a bar and during games can be, well, a bar. If you are looking for fancy dining, this will not please you and I've never had to reserve so I don't know if they accept them. Wait time has never been a problem when they're busy. Good portions, good service and great prices...

4  Thank CouponLockerDotCom
Reviewed February 23, 2010

Ordered pick up. Lasagna and meat stuffed tortellini, side salads that came with entrées and garlic bread. With $7 off coupon, check was $16. I paid, tipped and began to wait, and wait I did.

Maybe I shouldn’t have arrived so soon? I stood at the counter and saw my dinners come out. They sat on the counter while a young girl fumbled with everything she could find. The order tickets, paper bags, plastic bags, picked up the salad boxes and put them down, looked around a few times, then started all over again. She was totally lost. Another young lady handed her a paper bag to put the dinners in. She held the bag with one hand while fumbling again with tickets and looking around. I finally couldn’t stand it anymore and went over to her and offered to put the dinners in the bag for her. I told her I’d been standing there staring at my dinners for 10 minutes and that I wanted to go. She looked at me and then picked up some napkins and attempted to put the dinners in the bag.

First she tried both, then put them down and picked up one. She didn’t appear to know where the opening of the bag was. Again, I asked her to put the dinners up where I could reach them and to give me the bag. She said, “They’re really hot”. I said, “They couldn’t be after sitting here all this time”. I begged her to give me the dinners so I could go. She finally got them in the paper bag, then looked around for what I found was a stapler; don’t ask me why, but she stapled the bag shut. Then she tried to put that bag in a plastic one. I told her that it wasn’t necessary to double bag them and to please put the salads in that bag and give me my dinners so I could go. She was oblivious and got the bags together, then took another couple minutes to get the small salad boxes in the bag. Then she proceeded to tie the bag in a knot. I asked her please not to knot the bag, that I was going right home as soon as she released my dinner hostages to me.

She rolled her eyes at me this time and she probably was a bit exasperated for some reason. She gave me the “Impatient customer” look, but I hadn’t been impatient, in fact I was very patient. The restaurant was busy, but she wasn’t waiting on anyone; only standing behind the counter. From the time I got there until the time she finally gave me my dinners, she did nothing else the entire time except fiddle with anything and everything around her. There was no reason for me and my dinners to stand around for what was by then 15 minutes. I would have been quite content if she had just passed my dinners to me as I had asked. I would have been out 10 minutes earlier if she had.

When I got home, of course the dinners were not even warm so I had to microwave them. They were very good and the salads were fresh and tasty. The garlic bread was a bit moist, but probably because it sat in foil all that time. I have eaten here before inside and it was OK. Too many kids come in and too bright for me to sit down in the restaurant. It’s fine if you’re into that family type brawl. I am giving the food high marks even though it was served cold; not the chef’s fault, so I gave the lowest service rating possible, since that is where the problem was. Management needed to spend more time with this individual.

This is a typical eat-in/take-out pizza/pasta restaurant with no ambience and no frills. Not the cleanest in the world, but acceptable due to high traffic. Dinners run about $10-$12. I will probably order pick up one more time due to the food. Next time, I will watch the kitchen like a hawk and will bring my own bag. When I pay, I will ask the cashier to put my dinner on the counter where I can reach it when it comes out. No stapling, no tying and no long wait. I will update my review when this happens.

A TripAdvisor reviewer on Facebook
Reviewed December 14, 2007

great pizza, cool folks, and i heard they turn it into a fancy italian joint at night. blows al out of the water if you ask me!

3  Thank A TripAdvisor reviewer on Facebook