“Excellent food, excellent value”

Sala Thai Restaurant
Ranked #263 of 1,995 Restaurants in Jacksonville
Cuisines: Asian, Thai
Good for: Families with children
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Waitstaff
Raleigh, North Carolina
“Excellent food, excellent value”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 11, 2012

After a long drive from North Carolina, we found Sala Thai in an unassuming but easy to find strip mall. The exterior was not exceptional, and the interior decor, although nice, wasn't spectacular. But we were quickly shown to a booth, and our order was taken. The food came in under 10 minutes and we were treated to delicious crispy, fried vegetarian spring rolls for appetizers. The flavor and texture were perfect. We ordered entrees, and again, the food arrived quickly. We were asked if we wanted 1, 2 or 3 spiciness. I ordered 2 and found it hot and spicy but not overly so. My GF ordered 1 and thought is was very spicy, but again not too much so. I expect 3 might be a bit hot for most American palates. The wait staff were attentive, and asked several times if we needed anything, but were not obtrusive. The value was excellent, with a good range of well-priced options. Overall, this was an excellent dining experience and I certainly recommend this restaurant to anyone who has a taste for spicy Asian food.

• Visited November 2012

Jacksonville, Florida
“Best Chicken Pad Thai in Jacksonville!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 4, 2012

I am a Chicken Pad Thai fanatic and this is the first Thai place I tried in Jacksonville 6 years ago and I have not found a place to match the taste of their Pad Thai. Ingredients are fresh and you get a pretty good portion. I always try to go for lunch since it is a few dollars cheaper and you get a spring roll (which is yummy!) The restaurant is small, a couple of booths and a few tables. I usually get my stuff to go (The last time I ate in, a few years ago, they were giving out cans of soda because they don't have a fountain). I HIGHLY recommend this Thai restaurant! Also, they have excellent Thai tea :)

• Visited March 2012
Jacksonville, Florida
“I love this place”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 25, 2012

I moved to Jacksonville 18 months ago and this was the first restaurant I went to since it was close to my hotel. I could not have been happier. I love thai food and this restaurant makes some of the best I have eaten outside of Thailand. The owner and main chef is from Thailand and he makes the food perfectly to order. The staff are friendly and sooo helpful.
I would recommend Sala Thai to anyone who enjoys authentic Thai food.

• Visited September 2012
Florida
“One of My Favorites”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 11, 2012

Sala Thai is a great little place to go for the best Thai food. The Curry Chicken and Chicken Fried Rice are very good. I'm so stuck on the Chicken Fried Rice it is hard to order anything else. Go enjoy, you will not regret it.

• Visited May 2012
“Eat here once a week. Best Thai I have ever had”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 10, 2012 via mobile

Crispy duck, chicken/shrimp phad thai, yellow curry, S&S, spring rolls. Crispy duck is great. He roasts it all day then frys it up. Double up on sauce. Soup is great. Owner is super nice. I have tried several other thai and none have come close. Great prices and best lunch specials. Ohh the blue crab curry special is super tastey. If u haven't tried this hidden gem u are missing out.