“Inexpensive and very nice” 5 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #935 of 1,983 Restaurants in Jacksonville
Cuisines: Mexican, Spanish
Good for: Families with children
FL
“Inexpensive and very nice”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 26, 2013

Went for lunch. Excellent menu, excellent service, excellent value. It is not fancy, but it was clean, tasty,good atmosphere for an inexpensive spot, would definitely go again.

• Visited April 2013
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
    • 5 of 5 bubbles

common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“sticky floors”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 22, 2013 via mobile

I was not able to enjoy any of the food, drink or experience because the floors were sticky (like an old movie theater) and overall the restaurant was dirty. have not been back since then...

Jacksonville, Florida
“Wednesday night $5 margarita PITCHERS!”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 23, 2013

We have had mostly positive experiences here. The Wed. night deal is great and the margaritas are pretty good. My favorite menu item is grilled shrimp, mushrooms and fresh avocado in flour tortillas served with queso and salsa. Some of the other items I've had (the more "traditional" entrees) have been okay, but nothing special. The atmosphere in the bar area is usually pretty fun and we always make new acquaintances. It's a pleasant, low-key place to go and the employees are really, really nice.

• Visited December 2012
“Do not go there!!”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 31, 2012

Normally I do not write reviews like this, but after my experience, I must tell others about it. So while my family of four ordered our meal, we ran out of chips. When we asked for more, the server said that they were out of chips. We wondered how they could be out of chips but things happen. So we asked the server if we could have some more cheese dip and tortillas since they were out of chips. The OWNER came to the table and when we asked him he said no and that he shouldn't have even let us in because it was too close to closing time and then he wouldn't have run out of chips. What type of response is that?? I could not believe the words that came out of his mouth! First of all, how does a Mexican restaurant run out of chips? Second, why would the owner come over and rudely state that he should not have even let us in the restaurant much less give us some comp food because he ran out of something? So after a few minutes went by, another server came out with some fresh chips. So they were not out after all. Did the owner just not want to open a new bag? Originally, I did not know that it was the owner that was so rude to us. I actually thought that it was possibly a manager. So when I asked for the owners information and they told me that it was him, I could not believe it. How can an owner of a service company be so rude to its customers? Not only will I never go back there, but I will tell every person that I know how bad it is and to never go there. I cannot support a business whose owner treats customers the way that we were treated! Unbelievable!

Visited December 2012
2 Thank John G
“Not Bad - Not Great”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 19, 2012

We eat here occasionaly because we live down the road. Sometimes the food is great and sometimes it's not. There's no consistency IMO.

• Visited November 2012