“Great N and S Indian Food”

Masala Indian Cuisine
Ranked #171 of 2,038 Restaurants in Jacksonville
Cuisines: Indian
Dining options: Buffet, Reservations
Dining options: Buffet, Reservations
Chapel Hill, North Carolina
“Great N and S Indian Food”
Reviewed June 18, 2014

We stopped in here while traveling in Florida. My family loves Indian food, and we especially like traditional South Indian cuisine, so we were thrilled to find this place. The service was very good. The food was also very tasty. We ordered idli, a dosa, and some vegetarian/rice entrees. We were happy with the food and the value was good too.

My one concern was that we ordered a masala dosa (rice) with cheese. I think we got a ravva (Wheat & rice) masala dosa with cheese. It was heavier and a different texture than the usual dosa and my gluten-sensitive child was sick the next day. That's the only thing I can think of that could have been an issue. We didn't think about it at the time we were eating because we assumed we got the regular dosa that we ordered. Anyway, that would be a concern.

• Visited June 2014

Jacksonville, Florida
“I'm On My Way There Right Now!”
Reviewed March 15, 2014

I love this place! Very well seasoned food and the buffet is to die for. I've been going here for years and I don't plan on stopping. It's a must try restaurant! :-)

• Visited March 2014
North America
“Average Indian Fare”
Reviewed January 15, 2014

We enjoyed this Indian restaurant and were happy to have found one in the area of the hotel we were staying in. We've eaten at other Indian restaurants around the country and although this one was bad, it wasn't exceptional either. The Lamb curry (medium spicy) was very tasty, and I preferred it over the Lamb Vindaloo which my husband had as his had more of a tomato sauce flavor than mine did. The Chicken 65 was good, but very spicy, so if you don't like a hot spice don't get it. The Naan bread was okay, but I have had better. The price was average, but the service was excellent. They opened at 5pm and were ready for customers.
All in all I had no complaints, but like I said, nothing really stood out to me as exceptional either.

• Visited January 2014
Salt Lake City, Utah
“Hope for the hungry traveller”
Reviewed December 29, 2013

Food was definitely fantastic here . We were super tired and hungry from being on the road and wanted a nice hot meal. The Chole Bhature was really authentic, and portions were really very large. Dosa and vada were also good, and the chutneys and sambars that accompanied them were great. Very authentic South Indian. Chicken Biriyani also got a thumbs up.
The people who served could have been a bit more gracious though. They didn't seem too happy to serve us around closing time. I also wish they had the thali menu each night (it wasn't available when I went).
Overall, great food. Especially, there are very few authentic Indian places that serve this kind of South Indian fare.
Cheers !

• Visited December 2013
Jacksonville, Florida
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Very Very Bad Experience”
Reviewed November 18, 2013

Going there was biggest mistake I did in my life and also recommending to my friends was the huge mistake, The staff do not know how to treat their guest and the service was horrible,The owner or manager was whining with a guy who came to order a buffet complaining he is taking more food , They have clearly mentioned to go buffet and already giving a small plate . The manager or owner don't know how to treat people and their own guest. Please be aware they have nasty service and mannerism .

• Visited November 2013