“I'm On My Way There Right Now!”

Masala Indian Cuisine
Ranked #165 of 2,001 Restaurants in Jacksonville
Cuisines: Indian
Good for: Families with children
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Buffet, Delivery, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Waitstaff
Jacksonville, Florida
“I'm On My Way There Right Now!”
Reviewed March 15, 2014

I love this place! Very well seasoned food and the buffet is to die for. I've been going here for years and I don't plan on stopping. It's a must try restaurant! :-)

• Visited March 2014

North America
“Average Indian Fare”
Reviewed January 15, 2014

We enjoyed this Indian restaurant and were happy to have found one in the area of the hotel we were staying in. We've eaten at other Indian restaurants around the country and although this one was bad, it wasn't exceptional either. The Lamb curry (medium spicy) was very tasty, and I preferred it over the Lamb Vindaloo which my husband had as his had more of a tomato sauce flavor than mine did. The Chicken 65 was good, but very spicy, so if you don't like a hot spice don't get it. The Naan bread was okay, but I have had better. The price was average, but the service was excellent. They opened at 5pm and were ready for customers.
All in all I had no complaints, but like I said, nothing really stood out to me as exceptional either.

• Visited January 2014
Salt Lake City, Utah
“Hope for the hungry traveller”
Reviewed December 29, 2013

Food was definitely fantastic here . We were super tired and hungry from being on the road and wanted a nice hot meal. The Chole Bhature was really authentic, and portions were really very large. Dosa and vada were also good, and the chutneys and sambars that accompanied them were great. Very authentic South Indian. Chicken Biriyani also got a thumbs up.
The people who served could have been a bit more gracious though. They didn't seem too happy to serve us around closing time. I also wish they had the thali menu each night (it wasn't available when I went).
Overall, great food. Especially, there are very few authentic Indian places that serve this kind of South Indian fare.
Cheers !

• Visited December 2013
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Very Very Bad Experience”
Reviewed November 18, 2013

Going there was biggest mistake I did in my life and also recommending to my friends was the huge mistake, The staff do not know how to treat their guest and the service was horrible,The owner or manager was whining with a guy who came to order a buffet complaining he is taking more food , They have clearly mentioned to go buffet and already giving a small plate . The manager or owner don't know how to treat people and their own guest. Please be aware they have nasty service and mannerism .

• Visited November 2013
1 Thank Greg W
Jacksonville, Florida
“Come with an empty stomach”
Reviewed August 25, 2013

I've been to indian restaurants before so I knew what to expect for the most part. We came on a Sunday for the lunch buffet. A few of my kids were actually reluctant to come because I don't think they had good memories for some reason. Well, the wide variety of buffet foods allowed them to pick whatever they wanted. I came with an empty stomach and my favorite items were the curry sauces with the meat. It was so darn delicious with the naan and well-seasoned rice. The meats available were good. The fried fish in the buffet was wonderful. I just loved the different ways that rice was cooked and the variety of the sauces. The only down side to Indian food is that everything is so darn starchy. If you just eat the sauce, you get full because every bite is filling. As a result, I am not able to eat as much as in a Chinese restaurant, for example. Therefore, you really need to come with an empty stomach. Take a bite or two of everything. Then go back and eat more of the things you really like. If you get too much on the first place or get too much rice, your stomach is going to be doomed--especially when the food is so good, you may want to eat more but you can't. Also, don't forget to save room for the mango pudding--that was delicious. Once suggestion for the restaurant staff is to put more smiles on your faces. It seemed like someone just died because people seemed so sad. My kids were happy though--I think everyone enjoyed the food.

• Visited August 2013