“Better than its reviews!”

Cross Creek Barbeque & Steakhouse
Ranked #292 of 2,273 Restaurants in Jacksonville
Good for: Local cuisine
Good for: Local cuisine
Reviewed January 31, 2018

In Jacksonville overnight on our way further south and tried Cross Creek on the recommendation of the hotel clerk. Looking at TripAdvisor we had second thoughts, but it was late and it was raining so we went. The food was much better than expected--perhaps we had low expectations--and it was very inexpensive.
I had a rib eye steak. It was thin, but was well marbled and very tasty. My wife had the baby back ribs which she enjoyed.
The bill, including a drink and a beer, was about $52! We left happy and full.

Reviewed January 1, 2018

This restaurant is actually a sports bar, or at least the area we were seated in was. There was a football game on so it was a bit noisy. I don't think the other dining room was noisy. We both ordered a petite sirloin with baked potato and salad. The food was wonderful. It was cooked perfectly. We would return agaiun if in the area.

1  Thank ldcole1
Reviewed December 2, 2017

I was happy to recommend this restaurant to my friends, but not happy with the food or service this night. I ordered the same dish as I had on my previous visit and it didn’t resemble the previous meal. I ordered the pulled pork burrito and it was actually served cold without any cheese. I didn’t bother sending it back because it had taken so long to get our meals. Next dinner was barely warm shrimp and they didn’t include the sauce so waiting for the sauce just caused them to get colder. Next dish was enjoyed. Next dish didn’t include the side that she ordered and last but not least the lady that ordered the grilled chicken Caesar salad without croutons was served 10 minutes after the rest of us and the salad was loaded with croutons. The fun didn’t stop there. The lady that didn’t receive her side was charged for an appetizer that she didn’t order and was charged double for her drinks. I will not be going back or recommending them again.

Reviewed November 17, 2017

Not bad barbeque but not eye-opening either. Cross Creek offers Carolina-styled pork BBQ or Texas-styled brisket beef BBQ. Both are serviceable and can satisfy your smoked meat tooth, but it's not quite the mouth-watering experience one hopes for. I had their Texas-smoked brisket of beef lunch plate and it was comprised of several thin slices of brisket ... somewhat skimpy and a far cry from a Texas-sized helping. The meat was okay but somewhat on the dry side and not as flavorful as I have had in the Lone Star state. I enjoyed the sides somewhat more: collard greens (with flecks of bacon), nicely soft and slightly bitter; and the pit beans which were savory-sweet and smokey. Certainly adequate but I'm betting one can find better in the Jacksonville area.

Reviewed October 9, 2017

Service was ok. I ordered the brisket dinner and for the price the portion of brisket was extremely small. It came with 2 sides and the baked beans were good, but the green beans were long past overcooked. All in all it was ok