“Shirlaart1 ”

Ranked #290 of 2,272 Restaurants in Jacksonville
Good for: Local cuisine
Good for: Local cuisine
Reviewed September 1, 2017 via mobile

We eat here all the time but haven't updated my review in awhile. This Friday night the place was already loud and rowdy with a band outside. Lots of noise and good cheer all around. If you're shy and quiet this ain't the place for you. My steak tips with great pepper and onion and mushroom gravey was spot on. My broccoli was crisp and seasoned well. My husband had a ribeye steak medium rare. Perfect. Also the take out order of grilled pork chops and loaded potatoe was just fine. This cool joint rarely misses... and their shrimp and salmon is just as good as their steak. Full bar is usually full of their regular patrons. This is a fun blue collar crowd and everyone is welcome. That's what keeps us coming back again and again

Reviewed July 15, 2017 via mobile

My family loves this restaurant. In fact it's my dad's favorite. He loves the pork chops. I love the bbq ribs. You can not go wrong with this place. My family has been going here for years.

Reviewed July 12, 2017

I thoroughly enjoy sharing a larger portion of a quality cut of steak, but ask server to not top with seasoning, as could be overwhelming. Tasty, fulling and price becomes very reasonable. Did not enjoy cheaper cut single serving size steak. Restaurant

Reviewed May 27, 2017

Family was seated about 8:50 PM. Another family was seated right behind us. Drinks arrived relatively fast. For both tables, appetizers took almost an hour to arrive. Other family left about 15 minutes after that, and our food finally arrived around 10:20.

Not only was our food late, but the meats for several of the entrees were overcooked.

This was not the Cross Creek we've come to know over the years. This was not the fault of the wait staff. It was the kitchen that was the problem.

My question was, why didn't the manager come over to our table after several trips to the wait staff for information on our meals.

Reviewed May 15, 2017

We wandered in for an early Saturday night dinner after noticing how busy it was when we drove by around lunchtime. The steaks, ribs, and sides were all very good. The decor is a little dated but it's a good place for a casual family dinner, and definitely kid-friendly.