“Love this place”

Dining options: Dinner, Takeout
Dothan, Alabama
“Love this place”
Reviewed June 23, 2014 via mobile

I can't believe I was stationed in Jax several years ago yet never found this little gem! It was absolutely delicious. My husband usually says "chicken is chicken" but this place changed his mind. The service was great and the place is so cozy. We got a large amount of food for a great price. I highly recommend it.

“Southern Fried Chicken?”
Reviewed June 14, 2014

This was my worst fried chicken experience ever. The first time I went in the carry out section asked did they have any baked chicken the girl was very nonchalant and said it would be more than 30 minutes before it would be ready. In my hotel restaurant management days we never told patrons that in a "I don't care voice" I would have at least offered a drink while the patron waited, I was given no indication that any of the staff cared at all whether they lost my business. I went again a few weeks later via a friend who wanted to try it because they said that it smelled so good as they passed by everyday. We went in to sit down in the restaurant(I was hesitant, my hesitation did not fail me) we ordered the plate of whole fried chicken I ordered the fries they ordered something else I can't even remember because it was so bad. They brought a bowl of some thick sweet pea soup that we didn't order and said it came with the meal, it was like glue. our chicken was dry and hard, I will never return.

• Visited November 2013
2 Thank Merry W
St. Augustine, Florida
“Best Fried Chicken Ever”
Reviewed May 29, 2014

You do not stay in business this long unless your food is great. Chicken crunchy on the outside and juicy on the inside. Sides are plentiful and tasty. Service was very good. The place is old but well kept and clean. Only place to get real fried chicken in this area.

Jacksonville, Florida
“Southern Fried Chicken”
Reviewed May 28, 2014

I have eaten here for over forty years. The chicken is very good. Not much has changed as far as the quality of the food. Some of the employees have been here for over fifty years. They treat you like family.

Jacksonville, Florida
“Really good southern comfort food”
Reviewed May 14, 2014 via mobile

I've been coming here since I was a child. It's a staple in Jacksonville, and for good reason. The chicken is so good. That's all I've had as far as meat is concerned. But I've had all the sides and they are incredible. I'm not a huge fan of peas, but theirs is in some cream sauce and I swear I could eat the whole bowl myself. It's not a huge place so it can get crowded at times but it's worth it. My only complaint is the sharing fee. Think it's something like $7 to share a meal. You get so much food one meal can easily be split. But by the time you add the sharing fee, you might as well by two. Oh well. It's worth the money!