“Down Home Cooking”

Dining options: Dinner, Takeout
Sebastian, Florida
“Down Home Cooking”
Reviewed December 14, 2011

I've been going to Beach Road since 1972. The little house is old, not fancy, and the chairs a bit uncomfortable. But-- the chicken is excellent. Now open for lunch, we've gone midday as well as for dinner. The cream peas, fries, rice, and mashed potatoes haven't changed in years. The mashed potatoes have always tasted "instant" so we never order them. Everyone else is great and we always get refills. It's not fancy just down home good. My husband always saves room for on of their cobblers. His favorite is cherry. If you're looking for a fine dining experience, stay away. However, if you're looking for a chicken dinner like grandma used to make, sit down and loosen your belt, and enjoy.

• Visited May 2011

Westminster, Colorado
“Decent but not outstanding”
Reviewed November 6, 2011

Look for a good fried chicken restaurant and after find a number of reviews online, decided to try the Beach Road Chicken restaurant. They have been around since the 30's and have a loyal following. I went on a Sunday night around 5PM. They were busy but not bad. I was seated right away and the waitress arrived promptly to take my order. The meal was served within minutes of ordering and all the food was hot and well prepaired. My selection consisted of a mixture of a wing, breast and thigh along with cream pees, fries, coleslaw and gravy. The chicken was decent but, if you don't like salt then this chicken is not for you. It was moist inside but a bit too salty for my tastes. The other items were decent and overall, you get you're monies worth.

• Visited November 2011
Austin, TX
“All you can eat veggies”
Reviewed October 23, 2011

The chicken had a different batter than chain restaurants. The veggies were all you could eat which we liked. Almost like home cooking. We used a navigation system to find it so it was a bit tricky to get to the location.

Visited October 2011
“Really bad.”
Reviewed August 29, 2011

How unfortunate! My husband and I were so looking forward to trying the fried chicken here. We came in and were seated promptly but the floors were completely filthy (we overlooked this). Our drink orders were taken and we asked for a moment to look at the menu. About 15 minutes later, I was about to give up on our waitress and went to the restroom. Our waitress was seated at a table enjoying her lunch while we still had not given her the order for ours. She didn't notice me so I asked another server if we could give her our order. After some commotion, a waitress came to take our order (we overlooked this, as well). The food came and the chicken was nice and crunchy, the vegetables were just a little sub-par and the biscuits were cute and fluffy. However, when I opened one of the biscuits, there was a large brown object baked into it. Yuck! We had some struggle getting a to-go bag and our check, as well. How disappointing! Even if the food had been good, the service would have overshadowed it!

Visited August 2011
Jacksonville, Fl
“If you walk away hungry it's your own fault!”
Reviewed August 25, 2011

If you're looking for a down home southern resturant, you won't find better than Beach Road Chicken Dinners.
It's certainly not fancy, but this long time Jacksonville institution does what it does better than anyone! Don't even bother with anything else on the menu, just order the family style chicken dinner, served with all the sides. All of it's good, the sides are unlimited, and if you walk away hungry it's your own fault!

• Visited August 2011