“Jax Beach Carrabba's Number One!”

Carrabba's Italian Grill
Ranked #765 of 1,995 Restaurants in Jacksonville
Cuisines: Italian
Good for: Families with children, Romantic, Large groups
Florida
“Jax Beach Carrabba's Number One!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 4, 2013

This may be a medium-sized chain, with at least 5 of them in & around Jacksonville, FL. However, I have tried four of them at least two times each, and have always gone back, about 60 times, to the one at Beach Blvd. and A1A in Jacksonville Beach. Outstanding atmosphere, Management, and their chef's do not turnover as much as the other restaurants around town. Every single meal there, was 4.5 to 5.0 stars, outstanding! I highly recommend the Mahi Wulfe, on the specials about twice per week. A hugely generous portion of Mahi, smothered in the best Lemon/Garlic/Peper (cream-based) sauce with nice chunks of artichokes, and sun-dried tomatoe's - OMG it's wunderbar!

Visited January 2013

Myrtle Beach, South Carolina
“Not an exceptional Carrabba's”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 19, 2013

I visited this restaurant this week while here on a business trip. I always visit the local Carrabba's at least once when I travel, and have always found the food quality and taste to be of a high standard no matter where I go. I have never left anything but a 5-star review for any Carrabba's. I was a little disappointed in this particular restaurant though. I ordered the filet di spiedimo, and the steak quality was not up to the usual level for a Carrabba's. It was tough, had stringy sections, and lacked flavor. Usually a Carrabba's filet is tender, moist and flavorful, but this was definitely not as good a cut of meat as served at others. I also ordered angel hair pasta with garlic and olive oil. The pasta was dry, no hint of oil, and no garlic. The spinach was delicious, as was the loaf of bread and herbs.

Even though my employer is buying my meals this week, I don't think I'll be back for a 2nd try.

• Visited January 2013
1 Thank LisainSC
Florida
“Good Italian Food”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 17, 2012

Rarely go to italian restraunrs....foods are a bit too spicy for me. A nice idea to watch the chefs behind plate glass window. So rich I fill up after a bite or two. I would go again but it wouldn/t be my first choice. Plus I prefer to cook and stay home

Visited October 2012
Jacksonville, Florida
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“It's good”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 2, 2012

It is good, it just doesn't blow my socks off. Hey, I'm Italian, I'm a little critical of Italian food.

Visited July 2012
1 Thank Melinda B
Jacksonville, Florida, United States
“OK”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 2, 2012

The food selection sucked and wasn't all that great. I wish they had a bigger menu selection.

1 Thank Jeania A