“Great Dining In San Marco”
5 of 5 bubbles Review of Bistro AIX

Bistro AIX
Reserve with OpenTable
Bistro AIX is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #57 of 1,996 Restaurants in Jacksonville
Cuisines: French
Good for: Romantic, Bar scene, Large groups, Special occasions
Dining options: Late Night, Dinner, Lunch, Drinks, Accepts American Express, Accepts Discover, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Full Bar, Parking Available, Private Dining, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible, Wine and Beer
Dining style: Casual Dining
Cross street: Phillips Street
Description: Inspired by unforgettable meals served at cozy bistros in the South of France, Bistro AIX brings together European cooking techniques and seasonal ingredients to create award-winning French-inspired comfort food. An inspired juxtaposition of antiques and contemporary pieces gives the restaurant its distinctive look, while engaging and knowledgeable servers ensure an exceptional dining experience.
Cincinnati, Ohio
“Great Dining In San Marco”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 6, 2013

This was our fourth or fifth visit and we have had consistently excellent dining experiences at Bistro AIX. The restaurant has a clean, modern, styling. It has a bit of a French bistro theme but they don’t carry it too far. It is located in the San Marco area of Jacksonville, convenient to the I-95 San Marco exit. It has its own parking lot. The atmosphere is very energetic, a bit noisier than I like, but the energy is nice. The service is impeccable. The staff is very friendly and helpful. They are attentive but not in a way that rushes you. We wanted a leisurely meal, and our waitress adjusted the pace to fit our need. The menu is full and varied, including dinner salads, sandwiches, pizzas, and full entrees. They have a complete wine and beer list, at reasonable prices. The table started with a calamari appetizer, followed by a Caesar salad, and an entrée. My wife had the Mussels, one dining partner had the Scottish Salmon, and our other dining partner and I each had the Steak Frites. All were well prepared, served as ordered, and arrived hot. The accompanying vegetables were all fresh and well prepared. The Haricot Vert was prepared al dente, which I like, and the frites were just right. There is a complete desert menu, but none of us had left room for dessert. We all enjoyed our meal. Prices are quite reasonable given the food and the setting. It has always been quite busy when we have dined there, so reservations are strongly advised. I am pleased to recommend Bistro AIX to you.

• Visited November 2013

Jacksonville, FL
“One of Jacksonville's best”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 5, 2013 credit card Amex Card Member Review

Great food, wonderful ambiance, excellent service. There aren't many places in Jacksonville that match up with Bistro Aix.

Visited October 2013
Pembroke Pines, Florida
“Good Food - Do Not Sit In A Boot”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 23, 2013

Upon arriving at the restaurant we were promptly greeted by the hostess. We were in a party of 4 and were promptly given a table.

The menu: there were a good number of choices.

Value: price to food ratio was good. You received a decent amount of food for the price paid.

Food: We ordered the blue cheese chips, a bit greasy but not bad. I ordered the Tuna, it was pinch over cooked but the food was great overall.

Desert: decent choices, nothing out of this world.

Service: The waitress was very energetic and answered all of our questions. I did not have to ask for refills they were provided without us having to ask. She spent her time explaining the menu choices and her favorites and why they were her favorites.

Only ding, we sat at a boot and it was really tight.

• Visited October 2013
jorange park,fl
“Disappointing experience”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 9, 2013 via mobile

We have been coming to this restaurant for years and the last two visits have not been happy occasions. Today I ordered a fish sandwich which was advertised as just that. When it came it was so spicy I could hardly eat it. I asked the waiter if by some mistake I had been served blackened fish. He said they did not serve blackened fish. This was hotter than some that I have had.
The lunch menu is very limited. The only meat sandwich was a cheeseburger..
Not once during our lunch did the waiter come by our table to check. We had to flag down a passing waiter to get more bread. We had chase after another to get our bill. This is strike two. The Aix for us is rapidly becoming the "Ex."

Visited October 2013
“Lovely”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 9, 2013

Love the fact you can get a petite portion. The waist helped out my friend to change out his sides with no hassle . Food was delish. Dark romantic atmosphere . Will have to check out the bakery next time !

Visited September 2013