“Noisy, Friendy Bistro with Very Good Food”
Review of Bistro AIX

Bistro AIX
Reserve with OpenTable
Bistro AIX is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #47 of 2,026 Restaurants in Jacksonville
Cuisines: French, Mediterranean
Good for: Bar scene
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Dining
Cross street: Phillips Street
Description: Inspired by unforgettable meals served at cozy bistros in the South of France, Bistro AIX brings together European cooking techniques and seasonal ingredients to create award-winning French-inspired comfort food. An inspired juxtaposition of antiques and contemporary pieces gives the restaurant its distinctive look, while engaging and knowledgeable servers ensure an exceptional dining experience.
Jacksonville, Florida
“Noisy, Friendy Bistro with Very Good Food”
Reviewed September 16, 2011

Aix is a large restaurant that can be noisy when crowded, which it often is. Good menu, very good food, good bar and wine list, good service...what else is there??!!

• Visited April 2011

Florence, Italy
“Ate there by myself one Friday with no reservation.”
Reviewed July 9, 2011

Was seated immediately and the food and wine were good. Service good as well. Will be back.

Albany, New York
“Met my expectations”
Reviewed April 23, 2011

I read the reviews of Bistro Aix before arriving in Jacksonville. Companion and I decided to make a reservation which we did online. That worked out just great as it was packed when we arrive at 6:30 on a Tuesday night. We spent 30 minutes at the bar (our choice) before being seating for out 7PM reservations. We had a wonderful server who made helpful recommendations and who was attentive without being intrusive. We had a calamari appetizer that was wonderful. Companion ordered the special fish dish of the night and I got the risotto (not many selections for a vegetarian). The noise level of the packed house never interferred with the dinner. The food was served in a nicely paced fashion. Companion loved her meal.....fish was excellent and the accompanying saute added just the right texture and taste. My risotto was a little disappointing. It was a little too heavy and they had added shrimp. Still the flavor for the risotto was quite nice. We enjoyed our time here and appreciated the relaxed pace in spite of the crowd. Our server noticed that I had not eaten all of my meal and inquired why. I explained and when the bill had arrived they deducted the cost of my meal. Totally unexpected and quite classy on their part.

• Visited April 2011
Jacksonville, Florida
“Best calamari in the whole NE Florida area!”
Reviewed April 19, 2011

Over time I have tried calamari cooked many different ways and still find that it is the best at Aix! Also, family member totally rave about the mac 'n cheese. Who knew!

• Visited March 2011
Clearwater, Florida
“It was okay, wouldn't go again”
Reviewed December 29, 2010

It's not a particularly intimate restaurant and the booths are crushingly small, especially if you're tall. Also, they are not nailed down. If the guy behind you moves, you get pushed in the back. The food wasn't bad, but didn't justify the price.