“Deck dining for lunch”

Old Florida Fish Camp and Seaforr Shack
Cuisines: Seafood
Reviewed February 19, 2014 via mobile

I love this place. I take all of my northern friends here to remind them why I live in Florida and they should too. The view is great, the music doesn't interfere with conversation, and most importantly, the food is great. Service is a tad slow but they tend to function on island time here.

I recommend the grilled fish of the day which is good with the beans and rice. My husband likes the Old Florida sandwich.

Reviewed January 28, 2014

I purchased a coupon on resturants.com for this particular resturant. My experience was absolutely horrible. My food was both cold and not fully cooked. My waiter and the owner were both rude!! I wouldn't suggest this place to anyone.

Reviewed October 31, 2013

The Old Florida Fish Camp and Seafood Shack is a must do when you are in the JAcksonville area. Both inside and outside dining areas provide everyone with a great experience. We began our visit to JAcksonville with a wonderful meal on the patio. This was the way we ended our visit. Every dish we ordered was prepared expertly and was delicious. It took me back to some of the restaurants I went to when I was in New England. The food is superb. However, one of the highlights of dining on the patio is watching the dolphins swim and play in the channel. If we are ever back in this city again, Old Florida Fish Camp will be my first stop.

Reviewed October 6, 2013

Food is good, but not great and the portions were very small. My friend had a fish sandwich and me a fish dinner (same fish) and he paid $9.99 and I paid $24.00. The fish portion was exactly the same so I paid $14.00 for some plantains and a salad. My husband had a shrimp sandwich and the amount of shrimp didn't even cover the bread. That is ridiculous. The waitress, who was great by the way, took our complaint to the owner who said shrimp is expensive and basically "oh, well". Bad business as far as I'm concerned. I guess you pay for the back patio and the view. I don't think I'll be back unless I win some money and want to throw it away. There are too many places that give great food and reasonable prices to choose this one.

Reviewed September 13, 2013

We ended up here for lunch after searching for (and failing to locate) a different restaurant. We enjoyed it!

The food was tasty and fresh. I had blackened scallops and coconut shrimp; my husband had a fish platter with shrimp and conch fritters. My daughter went with the shrimp and lobster macaroni appetizer as her lunch. Everything was delicious.

The best part of the experience was the view - the restaurant is tucked away under the bridge, across the waterway and immediately next to a boat ramp. We watched private and tour boats cruising up and down. Much of the clientele when we were there were friends of the owners, apparently - the atmosphere was very friendly and laid-back. The price was a bit higher than I expected but not terribly (we didn't have any alcohol with lunch).

I don't think I'd choose this place for dinner (certainly not for a romantic dinner), but for a lunch stop with an outdoor, waterfront view, I recommend it.