“Excellent Pulled Pork and Brisket”
Review of 4 Bones BBQ - CLOSED

4 Bones BBQ
Cuisines: Barbecue
Reviewed April 24, 2014

I eat here often for lunch. The pulled pork is awesome as well as the brisket. Many people have mentioned how good the macaroni and cheese is but I always have a difficult time picking a side because the fried okra, corn fritters and hand cut fries prepared in peanut oil are all excellent as well. If you like brunswick stew you should try it here. They will serve you a very large bowl with corn bread and it is excellent. The owner and workers here are very personable and the service is excellent.

Reviewed April 17, 2014 via mobile

Stop in for a super casual lunch, aka, sweet pants and a t-shirt. Didn't feel to out of place.

We were promptly greeted, ordered the daily special, pull pork sandwich with Mac and cheese and fries and a drink. The price was fair, just under $9.

The food came out a short time later, hot as can be. The Mac and cheese was fresh and made to order instead of being made 40 servings at a time. I wish they would've given a bit bigger portions. There BBQ sauses have one for any crowd. I liked three of the four, but favored the sweet.

Overall the food was an 8, service was an 8, and atmosphere while clean, lacked pizzazz and worthy of a 7.5. I'd go back again. It was worth noting that I expected long waits for a lunchtime rush, yet there was few others in the restaurant. I consider this a hidden gem on San Pablo.

Reviewed February 27, 2014

Love the old school deli style counter ordering. Best brisket best mac and cheese in town.

Great music playing too.
Great family service.

Reviewed October 28, 2013

The bullet: Food - A, Service - A, Price - A, Vibe - B. I will definitely be back. We went on Sat about 1:00 and had an excellent meal. Went with the picnic for 4: Brisket, ribs, pulled pork and 4 sides. I liked the okra best but the fries were also great - nice and crip and not greasy.I smoke meat quite a bit and being from OK, I know brisket and how it should be done and hard it is to do right. This place is the only place in town I have tried that hits the mark. The St. Louis style ribs were meaty and flavorful and the pork was moist. Served w/ no sauce as it should be. They have 4 homemade sauces and each was differenty and very good....but the Q didn't need it.Looking forward to returning and trying the Chivito and Chorizo. The owner came out and asked us about our meal and made sure we were satisfied - nice touch.The price was below what other BBQ joints here in JAX for the portion size and we had plenty to take home.Good stuff.

Reviewed September 25, 2013

Our first trip to 4 Bones after it opened nearly had us proclaiming it the best BBQ out in the Beaches (it is a little inland). The last two visits leaves us convinced it is not but still very good.

The meat is nicely smoky but perhaps close to being over-smoked. The ribs have nice "tooth" although I suspect some "Texas Crutch" was involved. The chopped pork has a bit too much salt for my taste and is a bit damp. Don't get me wrong, this good food but could be improved. I would still rate Mojo's higher.

Two problems present themselves at 4 Bones: price and the parking lot at lunch time. First, their prices are a bit high when compared with Mojo's; unless you are doing the daily special. Second, the lot is completely filled Sunday around lunch due to the Church of Eleven22. It is full even on weekday and they often seem to be out of ribs.

1  Thank TervurenTrails