“Best Q in JAX - a must stop”
Review of 4 Bones BBQ - CLOSED

4 Bones BBQ
Cuisines: Barbecue
Reviewed October 28, 2013

The bullet: Food - A, Service - A, Price - A, Vibe - B. I will definitely be back. We went on Sat about 1:00 and had an excellent meal. Went with the picnic for 4: Brisket, ribs, pulled pork and 4 sides. I liked the okra best but the fries were also great - nice and crip and not greasy.I smoke meat quite a bit and being from OK, I know brisket and how it should be done and hard it is to do right. This place is the only place in town I have tried that hits the mark. The St. Louis style ribs were meaty and flavorful and the pork was moist. Served w/ no sauce as it should be. They have 4 homemade sauces and each was differenty and very good....but the Q didn't need it.Looking forward to returning and trying the Chivito and Chorizo. The owner came out and asked us about our meal and made sure we were satisfied - nice touch.The price was below what other BBQ joints here in JAX for the portion size and we had plenty to take home.Good stuff.

Reviewed September 25, 2013

Our first trip to 4 Bones after it opened nearly had us proclaiming it the best BBQ out in the Beaches (it is a little inland). The last two visits leaves us convinced it is not but still very good.

The meat is nicely smoky but perhaps close to being over-smoked. The ribs have nice "tooth" although I suspect some "Texas Crutch" was involved. The chopped pork has a bit too much salt for my taste and is a bit damp. Don't get me wrong, this good food but could be improved. I would still rate Mojo's higher.

Two problems present themselves at 4 Bones: price and the parking lot at lunch time. First, their prices are a bit high when compared with Mojo's; unless you are doing the daily special. Second, the lot is completely filled Sunday around lunch due to the Church of Eleven22. It is full even on weekday and they often seem to be out of ribs.

1  Thank TervurenTrails
Reviewed August 7, 2013 via mobile

We tried a new BBQ restaurant tonite and have found our new favorite! They have an a la carte menu and you order your meat(s) and then your sides extra. They had a Dinner for 2 special for $20 that had 1 lb of meat of your choice, 2 sides, 2 drinks, and toast. We ordered pulled pork & brisket and they were both very tasty and moist. They have a choice of 4 sauces- sweet is my fav but chopped is a close 2nd. Give 4 Bones a try and you will be a fan too

Reviewed April 4, 2013

Stopped by for lunch, I had read about this place in the times union a few months ago. I lived upto the article and even more.
Most items are sold by weight, but they did have a sandwich menu also.
I had the brisket cheese steak. The brisket was cooked to perfection. The roll was fresh and the toppings were great. It came with a side so I had the Mac n' cheese.. It was killer
I will return many more times

Reviewed March 11, 2013 via mobile

Delicious Georgia BBQ...smoked with BBQ sauce on the side. Meat is purchased by the pound, you only purchase sides if you want them. Plenty of sandwiches and sliders. Awesome banana pudding! The owners and staff are nice and helpful. Casual, order at the counter and the meal is delivered to you.

1  Thank cjsmegs