Tripadvisor

Order Online
Ranked #357 of 2,497 Restaurants in Jacksonville
Cuisines: Seafood
Reviewed 3 weeks ago

In town on business, love the Red Lobster so we went early on a Friday. Great service, looking forward to shrimp, lobster and scallops. I had the ultimate feast, all very delicious, nice presentation. My disappointment was the rice pilaf. For some reason the chain decided to add quinoa(?) to it, which spoiled it completely. I even asked our server why it was different and she said the chain changed it some time back. Ruined my meal, as I can never get the broccoli cooked to my liking and the rice pilaf has always been a safe staple since I seem to be of the small majority that always liked it. It was under the broiled scallops, and the wood fire grilled shrimp, and it was very UN appealing and if anything it was extremely bland. Jeez Red Lobster, if it isn't broken, don't try to fix it!

Date of visit: January 2020
ClawdeL, Marketing at Red Lobster, responded to this reviewResponded 2 weeks ago

Hi, MouseinVirginia. Thank you for sharing your feedback and giving the Jacksonville Red Lobster restaurant 4 stars! Your comments have been shared with our management team and we look forward to giving you a 5 star experience next time!

Write a reviewReviews (84)

Reviewed December 3, 2019

I am appalled by the service and poor quality of food at this restaurant. We had the Yucatan Tilapia and the Sirloin Steak for dinner. The waitress complained to us concerning the bar tender and the reason the drinks took extremely long to arrive at our table. As a worldwide traveler and based upon my vast experience, I found the food to be of poor quality; some of the worst I have experienced in a long time, the Yucatan was too oily and unappetizing, while the sirloin steak was under cooked with visible blood (we ordered well-done), hence my friend didn’t eat her meal.

To avoid any conflict, we paid and left most of our meal on the table.
In my professional opinion as a Business Professor, it is extremely unprofessional for staffs to complain about other staffs in the presence of customers and or with customers. Furthermore, it is unacceptable to dine at a well-established chain restaurant and received poorly cooked food and poor service.

My recommendation:
Retrain staffs on customer service etiquettes
Reeducate chefs on company food preparation modus operandi

Check # 67143

Date of visit: November 2019
ClawdeL, Owner at Red Lobster, responded to this reviewResponded December 4, 2019

We're sorry to hear that you were unsatisfied with your meal at our Jacksonville restaurant and we'd like to learn how we can make this better. Would you be able to give us a call at 800-562-7837; Monday–Friday from 10:00 AM to 1:00 PM, and 2:00 PM to 5:00 PM ET so that we may learn more about your experience?

Reviewed August 12, 2019

The restaurant was close to our hotel and the food was great. I enjoyed the grilled tilapia, and my wife had the lobster alfredo.

Date of visit: July 2019
ClawdeL, Owner at Red Lobster, responded to this reviewResponded August 16, 2019

We're pleased to hear this, and we're already looking forward to welcoming you back soon, Haessigden!

Reviewed August 4, 2019

It was ok but nothing to write home about.It as a place to eat while I was waiting to check in ,the Hawthorn. Which was a terrible hotel.

Date of visit: July 2019
Reviewed April 16, 2019 via mobile

I've eaten here a couple of times. The last time I decided to order something I've never tried and I wasn't so fun of it so the manager was super nice and was more than willing to take it off my bill. Most everything that I get there is amazing and I appreciate how professional they are and they want to make sure you leave happy

Date of visit: April 2019