“Salt and grease overload!”

No photo provided
Got a photo?
Add it.
Lewey's Crab House & Soul Food Cafe
Cuisines: Seafood
Reviewed January 19, 2013

Where do I start? Well, let's start with walking in the door. FAIL! We stood there for at least 5 minutes before anyone even looked up, no greeting, no can we help you, nothing. Just a 'hot or cold' mumbled in a very bored voice. That was enough to make us cringe, but we'd read enough reviews to know we were really there for the food. Service was iffy from one night to the next. No problem.

So, let's give the food a go. We so wanted to like it, because it was enough for two meals and smelled great. We'd read by other reviewers to request they go light on the seasoning, so we did. Guess we didn't speak English, although it was mentioned twice, since we had two orders. Garlic Crab & Shrimp Combo way too salty, even trying to wipe some of it off. Ugh. My Husband ordered the Fried Shrimp, French Fries and Hushpuppy. Talk about swimming in grease, heck, backstroking, breaststroke, you name it, it was swimming. Even tossing the entire slop on a papertowel didn't sop up enough of it again.

I love Soul Food and really was hoping I''d like this place because that's what I would have ordered next. Nope, not gonna. I'll stick to Potters Restaurant for my Soul Food

Absolutely a waste of $30 ....def'ntly a live/eat and learn investment.