“Overall great experience”

Leci's Italian Cafe
Ranked #345 of 2,132 Restaurants in Jacksonville
Cuisines: Italian
Description: This place is highly authentic and has great food and service.
Description: This place is highly authentic and has great food and service.
Reviewed March 13, 2014 via mobile

My husband and I went to Leci's last Saturday night and had a very nice meal. The portions are huge. So for one price you get dinner and lunch for tomorrow. It was very good food.. A little too much sauce for my taste, but still good. And the young lady who waited on us was wonderful. Very helpful and friendly. We will be returning in the future.

Reviewed March 10, 2014

I travel and eat in small one of a kind restaurants often. This location was just the third of worst but most expensive of the three. I and my husband were relieved to finally leave this place after horrible service that was also VERY slow. Other guests around us were also complaining of how slow and unattended the staff were. Our order started with water. We waited 20 minutes just to get that. When it arrived it tasted as if they went to the bathroom to fill our cups. I then asked for 2 bottles of water, waiter tells me it's $2.50 per bottle and I assume it's Evian or similar. Nope it's some cheap brand highly marked up but it sure did have a cleaner taste. When we make our order for food it takes even longer for the appetizer and our main dishes to arrive. What was meant to be an hours worth of time took two and half hours. This is a place that is highly over charged as it's food was the foulest. The red sauce is very bitter while also lacking spice. The cannoli dish was ruined by the inability to serve this dish hot. The plate came with a chill but giving how long my table was left waiting for food I was not willing to take the risk to send it back. If you eat here beware that service is horrible, slow, and uncaring. The prices are over the head and the food is of NO QUALITY!

1  Thank Liz V
Reviewed February 16, 2014

This place has good food for Jacksonville, it's a shame there service is horrible. It's always sad to see a restaurant that has good food and someone invested there time and money into just to be destroyed by terrible employees

Reviewed January 26, 2014

I visited with family for dinner. Service was quick, food was fresh and homemade. Salads were good and not just a filler. Chicken pomodoro was very tasty.

Reviewed January 4, 2014

I ordered the Eggplant Parm which was a large portion PLUS a generous portion of spaghetti. I ate 1/2 and took the rest home. My hubby got the Italian sausage and peppers with ziti. It was a large plate of food with some to take home as well. Both came with a generous side salad of spring mix. The Italian dressing is homemade and very good. It's light and tasty. Dinner rolls were big, warm yeast rolls cut in quarters with olive oil and Italian spices for dipping. Happy hour is from 4:00-7:00 with BOGO. We had the house merlot which was $6.00 for a good pour of light bodied Italian wine. It was good. Our server was attentive. He knew the menu and made sure all the food arrived at the same time and was served hot. We were very satisfied and will return.

The only recommendation is that after 7:00, management could dim the lights, put white table cloths on each table with a tea candle. That would add a special romantic touch to this neighborhood cafe.

GREAT location near JTB, great service and excellent food. Prices are very good. Full bar. I didn't see any children, but pizzas looked good too

Recommended.