“Chicken and Waffles! Nuff Said”
Review of Metro Diner - CLOSED

Metro Diner
Cuisines: American
San Antonio, Texas
“Chicken and Waffles! Nuff Said”
Reviewed July 24, 2014

My wife and I ate at Metro Diner while celebrating my niece's birthday! First off, this place had a wait on a Wednesday afternoon, that should indicate that the food is staller! I opted for the Metro Melt which was EXCELLENT! My niece had the pound cake French toast, also EXCELLENT! My sister had the Canadian omelet, you guessed it! EXCELLENT! My wife had the chicken and Waffles, that's where EXECELLENT turned into AMAZING!

The Chicken was succulent, moist, and savory! Waffles were perfectly cooked and the strawberry butter just completed the whole thing! If you are in Jacksonville, make this place a destination! You won't be disappointed!

• Visited July 2014
1 Thank JOE1005

• Arabic first
Jacksonville, Florida
“Perfect Breakfaat”
Reviewed June 14, 2014 via mobile

Been to this place with some friends and had wonderful breakfast . Good options for different tastes and would definitely recommend it

Best breakfast place in town !

Stuttgart, Germany
“Terrible but.....”
Reviewed April 16, 2014

Heard about the place from a friend and it was very highly recommended. Took the family there for lunch and was handed a lunch menu. Lots of choices, but opted ordered soup, salad, sandwich. Did not know at the time breakfast was an option, if I had known I would have tried it (and it's my favorite meal). Bottom line, the soup of the day was a cup of grease, the sandwich was bare bones, and the salad was an embarassment to all that is salad. By that I mean the salad was white and brown iceberg lettuce, croutons, tomato and cucumber. For the hype of this place I would have expected way more, since none of these dishes are rocket science. BUT......maybe our order was off target. There are dishes that purportedly are done very well, but how can everything else be so lackluster? I'll go back and give it another shot, but paying more attention to what I order (IE meatloaf, fried chicken and waffles). But since this place was featured on TV, I would have expected everything on the menu to have some star power (even if it was stepped up after the fact). And if you have a soup of the day, should it have some star power too?

• Visited March 2014
Marshfield, Wisconsin
“Location”
Reviewed January 31, 2014 via mobile

NOT where it is listed to be. The address is incorrect . The two star rating is there just because I had to it in a rating. We also found that the address for the French Pantry is also incorrect. We were very disappointed to have missed dining at either of these highly rated places.

Winnipeg, Canada
“Very busy place with stunning food from the kitchen”
Reviewed January 27, 2014 via mobile

The references of Diners Drive - ins and Dives and various other awards welcome you in the very open casual entrance. We came at lunch time and it was packed. With a 15 minute wait we were served by a very friendly Jacksonville local. Chicken and Waffles were stunning. Huge selection of food so it will appeal to everyone looking to fill up.

1 Thank Stephanie A