“Terrible but.....” 2 of 5 bubbles

Metro Diner
Ranked #250 of 1,983 Restaurants in Jacksonville
Cuisines: American, Diner
Good for: Dining on a budget, Families with children
Dining options: Brunch, Breakfast, Lunch, Seating, Takeout, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Stuttgart, Germany
“Terrible but.....”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 16, 2014

Heard about the place from a friend and it was very highly recommended. Took the family there for lunch and was handed a lunch menu. Lots of choices, but opted ordered soup, salad, sandwich. Did not know at the time breakfast was an option, if I had known I would have tried it (and it's my favorite meal). Bottom line, the soup of the day was a cup of grease, the sandwich was bare bones, and the salad was an embarassment to all that is salad. By that I mean the salad was white and brown iceberg lettuce, croutons, tomato and cucumber. For the hype of this place I would have expected way more, since none of these dishes are rocket science. BUT......maybe our order was off target. There are dishes that purportedly are done very well, but how can everything else be so lackluster? I'll go back and give it another shot, but paying more attention to what I order (IE meatloaf, fried chicken and waffles). But since this place was featured on TV, I would have expected everything on the menu to have some star power (even if it was stepped up after the fact). And if you have a soup of the day, should it have some star power too?

• Visited March 2014

• Arabic first
Marshfield, Wisconsin
“Location”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 31, 2014 via mobile

NOT where it is listed to be. The address is incorrect . The two star rating is there just because I had to it in a rating. We also found that the address for the French Pantry is also incorrect. We were very disappointed to have missed dining at either of these highly rated places.

Winnipeg, Canada
“Very busy place with stunning food from the kitchen”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 27, 2014 via mobile

The references of Diners Drive - ins and Dives and various other awards welcome you in the very open casual entrance. We came at lunch time and it was packed. With a 15 minute wait we were served by a very friendly Jacksonville local. Chicken and Waffles were stunning. Huge selection of food so it will appeal to everyone looking to fill up.

1 Thank Stephanie A
Denver, Colorado
“As good as Guy Fieri says it is...Metro Diner in JAX”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 12, 2013

The night before I flew back home after a business trip in Jacksonville, FL I remembered the DDD show where Guy Fieri went to Metro Diner. I decided to get up early the next morning and stop by for breakfast on my way to catch a flight back Home.

I was not dissapointed at all. I ordered up the Charleston Shrimp and Grits. Cheese infused grits "cakes" with andouille suasage and red peppers set in a Shrimp volute with juicy, plump shrimp and more sausage and bacon. It was awesome and everything I wanted it to be! Well worth getting up early and risking a missed flight.

• Visited November 2013
Ephrata, Pennsylvania
“Out of the way, but worth the search.”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 23, 2013

Saw this place on the Travel Channel, had to visit. Small but charming local joint. Had breakfast, would go back again.

Visited August 2013