“Inventive classic food”

Maple Street Biscuit Company
Ranked #5 of 1,995 Restaurants in Jacksonville
Cuisines: American
Good for: Dining on a budget, Large groups, Local cuisine, Kids, Families with children
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Brunch, Breakfast, Free Wifi, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Parking Available, Seating, Takeout, Wheelchair Accessible
Sebastian, Florida
“Inventive classic food”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 19, 2013

Mac-n-cheese with more cheese than mac--the way it was meant to be--covered with ground-up cheeze-its? Inventive.

Flaky homemade biscuits with thick bacon, real cheddar and freshly fried chicken tenders, with apple butter--inventive and fresh and delightful. One sandwich is filling.

Love the southern country fried ambience and smiling staff too.

Just make sure you check the hours before going. We walked in at 2 p.m. and were served. But I wouldn't expect they would be closing that early in the day.

• Visited November 2013

Gainesville, Florida
“Breakfast”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 18, 2013

While in Jacksonville, my family and I headed over to Maple Street for a late breakfast. This place is great! We loved the biscuits! They have a variety of items on the menu to choose from. I only wish we had one in my area, I would be there everyday!

• Visited November 2013
Frederick, Maryland
“Hands Down Best Breakfast Experience in Jacksonville”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 12, 2013

I joined a group of friends at Maple Street Biscuit Company for breakfast to try our this restaurant I kept hearing about and it was amazing! Fantastic melt-in-your-mouth biscuits were the foundation of unique breakfast combinations that you simply have to try! Huge side dishes were perfect for sharing. The owner was on site and helpful, as were the staff who answered questions and gave recommendations. Maple Street Biscuit Company is a sure-bet for breakfast in Jacksonville.

• Visited May 2013
1 Thank Suzanne Y
Jacksonville, Florida
“Was Hoping for Better”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 10, 2013

We tried this place based on the rave reviews. We ordered the five,the five and dime and the hashups. Neither lived up to the hype. I wouldn't say it was bad, it just wasn't great. The eggs were cooked right, the chicken wasn't dry, but the biscuits were more dense then flaky and not very flavorful. The sausage gravy was "ok" , the hashups were not crispy like you would expect a fried potato to be. They were kind of like boiled potatoes warmed on the grill with barely any seasoning. On top of that, for being made to order the entire meal was barely warm. I did make that comment when asked how things were and received a nice apology with an offer to redo, but we declined. However the owner brought over some glazed biscuits that were warm but overly sweet. Maybe I was just not in the mood for sweet after the breakfast. The strange thing about it was after we ate my hubby and I both noticed we felt like we had eaten WAY more than we did. Neither finished our meal yet it had a "heavy" after effect to our systems. We were really hoping for a new breakfast place, and went out of our way to come here. Unfortunately for us it was not worth it. The prices are in proportion to the area, the staff was nice, and the place was clean. The food was just not to our liking.

• Visited September 2013
1 Thank ReelSpearit
Florida
“Biscuits!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 4, 2013

How can you go wrong?

Yummy, flaky, flavorful, eat all your calories in one meal kind of place. The pecan pie biscuit was divine, the Loaded Goat (fried chicken and goat cheese on a biscuit) was more than I could eat and oh so good, the iced pecan biscuit was so good its not just for breakfast. Coffee was fresh and bold, I'm told its ground fresh at the shop. Definitely worth a try, I'm sure you will be hooked.

Service was excellent as well

• Visited October 2013