“Everything Was Excellent!”

LongHorn Steakhouse
Ranked #886 of 2,329 Restaurants in Jacksonville
Cuisines: Steakhouse
Reviewed April 22, 2018

It was time for me to treat myself to a really good meal, so I went to this Longhorns in Roosevelt Square because I knew from past experience it should be better than good - and it was. I ordered the new bacon bourbon filet with a salad, mac & cheese, and I added a lobster tail. Everything was done perfectly! I had a really nice, attentive server named Tierra, and couldn't have been happier. I can't understand the averageness of some of these reviews, because I have been to this location maybe a half dozen times, and have never had a bad meal or experience. It's always been spot on. The steak was exactly how I like it. I ordered it medium, and in my opinion it always comes out medium rare, or closer to medium rare than medium, but that's how I like it. The maple bourbon bacon sauce was so good I sopped it all up with bread. I love their bread, and always tell myself I'm not going to eat it all - at least not while I'm sitting there - but I always do. The mac & cheese was so good, with parmesan and bacon bits, but I did save most of that for later. Even the salad was good, a nice mix of lots of veggies, and blue cheese dressing with actual chunks of cheese. The only downside for me was I wish when restaurants served lobster, they offered butter warmers for it. Why don't I see them at restaurants anymore? If someone could assemble a list of restaurants that still use them, I would appreciate it. I have them at home, and it's so much nicer to let a nice chunk or two sit in hot butter for a while then eat it. I know that's decadent, but I'm old school about my lobster. Don't get me wrong, though. I will definitely be back. That's just one nitpicking point about an otherwise excellent visit.

Date of visit: April 2018

Reviewed December 31, 2017 via mobile

Excellent place for the entire family. Service was fast and friendly and professional waiter checked on us all the time. Food was great, we will return.

Date of visit: December 2017
Reviewed October 18, 2017

This review is for Service and appetizer only. When I placed my order I asked for the appetizer to come out first, the salads about 15 minutes later and steaks 15 minuets after the salads. We were the only patrons in Longhorn that time of day, after about 30 minuets the salads came out first. I sent one back because it wasn’t what I ordered and I repeated the appetizer was asked for first the server could only say they were cooking it. About 5 minuets later the appetizer and replacement salad came out and almost immediately the steaks came out after that. All three items came out in less than ten minutes. This was our anniversary we didn’t want to feel rushed and I wanted this trip to longhorn to be special for my wife and I. Trust me when I say it wasn’t, l’m going to try to post a photo of what the appetizer looked like, when tried to showed it to the hostess she said “what are you complaining about now?” Next anniversary I’m going somewhere else.

Date of visit: October 2017
Reviewed August 7, 2017

We didn't have high expectations but agreed to meet a friend here for dinner. We each had a filet which was well cooked and flavorful. Our sides were exceptional, especially the sweet potato and the broccoli. We shared the stuffed mushroom appetizer and enjoyed every bite. Good service, reasonable prices.

Date of visit: August 2017
Reviewed January 18, 2017

we go here at least once a week; even the managers and host know us. We love steak and our grandson loves their hamburgers. Clean, good service, little pricey but worth it. We know when we go here we are going to get a good meal; if not, they quickly accommodate you and fix it.

Date of visit: January 2017