“Fantastic sushi and hibachi”
Review of Hana Yori

Hana Yori
Ranked #177 of 2,109 Restaurants in Jacksonville
Cuisines: Asian
Reviewed November 29, 2013

Unlike most sushi restaurants where I've eaten, HanaYori Sushi and Grill is not dark, glamorous and pretentious, but easy, fun and comfortable, like a neighborhood hangout. The sushi is phenomenal. $2.50 for an avocado roll? My husband said, "That must be a misprint." And it tastes like it costs $15. The hibachi is fresh and not overly seasoned. You'll enjoy complimentary soup with every kind of order (the Japanese broth with green onions). We used to think that Wasabi at Town Center was the best sushi restaurant that we'd been to, but now this is.

Reviewed September 14, 2013 via mobile

Tony, the owner of Hana Yori, IS Hana Yori. Next to the quality and value of the food, he is the reason we go there. The sushi is always fresh, the hibachi is excellent, and the prices are lower with the food being of superior quality. My favorite roll is the Russian Silk roll. And if you want a quick, inexpensive little appetizer (besides the soup they bring you automatically-gratis!) then the grilled mushroom is for you. I want to try the hibachi calamari and also the 'Tuna, Tony-style' but I always order the same thing. The service is good and all of the staff has personality. It's an intimate setting and sometimes it takes a little time to get your food if they're slammed, but I promise it is ALWAYS worth the wait. The first time we ever went to Hana Yori we met a couple who had eaten there 6 days in a row! I see why. By the way, they're closed on Mondays.

Reviewed September 8, 2013

We usually go to the same Japanese place in Town Center, but decided to try this one on a recommendation from my son in law, who lives nearby. What a find!. Not only was the sushi just as good, the soup was much better and the tempura really yummy!. The best part was the price was half what we pay at Wasabi. A little out of the way, in a small, quiet strip mall , but so worth it! You won't be sorry if you give this place a try!

Reviewed August 22, 2013

I read all the reviews on Trip Advisor before going to Hana Yori the first time and saw all the comments about the lava fries. They were RIGHT! The lava fries were to die for. Also had the California roll and pad thai, seaweed salad and spring rolls. We were stuffed when we left. The food was excellent. Service was great. We will definitely go back.

Reviewed July 13, 2013 via mobile

This place is a hidden gem! The sushi is the freshest in Jacksonville. Tony, the owner and grill chef, is awesome! Have him grill up his special steal or tuna! Service is awesome and value is excellent! The only drawback is it a bit small and can get a little warm in summer. They are expanding so that should improve! Regardless, go to Hana Yori! You will love it!!!