“Don't go on Trivia Night if you want to sit outside.”
Review of Derby on Park

Derby on Park
Ranked #79 of 2,037 Restaurants in Jacksonville
Cuisines: American
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Champaign
“Don't go on Trivia Night if you want to sit outside.”
Reviewed April 16, 2014

We were working in Jacksonville for a few days and a friend there took us here for dinner one night. We wanted to sit on the patio which looked like it had a great atmosphere but were told we couldn't sit out there since it was Trivia Night and we weren't going to play - seemed sort of strange. We sat inside which had a nice atmosphere. We caught the tail end of Happy Hour, but the special drinks were not well described by our server (and she couldn't provide a drink menu) and two of three drinks were just okay (the muddled cucumber didn't go to well with the ginger ale). I had the green tomato caprese salad which was good, but I came away thinking it would be better with goat cheese than mozzarella. The other two shared a hamburger and salad and were quite pleased. Overall a good restaurant but could be better.

• Visited April 2014

Jacksonville, Florida
“Love the burgers!”
Reviewed April 10, 2014

All the burgers are delicious! The sausage is also wonderful, but it is a small portion for my appetite. The service can be hit or miss with some excellent servers and some people who obviously have better things to do.
Overall, I would recommend Derby!

Visited March 2014
Jacksonville, Florida
“Great Shrimp & Grits”
Reviewed February 18, 2014

We recently had dinner and breakfast at Derby on Park. Love the location and the food was great. We definitely recommend the Shrimp and Grits. The staff was very friendly and they offer you a choice to sit inside or in the patio area near the bar.

Visited November 2013
Orange Park, Florida
“Upscale Diner Style One Side, Cozy Fun Outside”
Reviewed February 9, 2014

You have a mixture of an old (but renovated) diner on one end and then you can sit outside in a cozy atmosphere that has heaters and lots of plants. I understand that they have jazz bands on weekends. The décor on the inside has tables, booth type tables and a counter with round swirl seats. The bathroom is quite modern and very attractive with granite top counters and very clean. You can tell it was recently renovated. The service was excellent and the food was very,very good. We had the biscuit and gravy which was a huge portion and very good (they say two but they are two HUGE biscuits). I had the Eggs Benedict but they had the fried green tomatoes under the egg, ham and the hollandaise sauce...excellent choice. We also had the omelet which was substituted with mushrooms instead of tomatoes and it was huge and delicious. I would definitely recommend trying this place out. I can't wait to come back. The burgers were huge!! Will have to try that one next time. It would have been nice to sit outside but it was too cold for one of our friends but they do have heaters. Great brunch menu too!! Lots of choices.

• Visited February 2014
Fernandina Beach, Florida
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“A LOT of food”
Reviewed January 29, 2014

This is about my third trip to Derby. This time I treated one of my daughters "best friends" When we walked up to the restaurant (which was a very busy Sunday afternoon) The hostess greeted us with a warm smile and a splendid welcome. She let us know there would be a wait because we wanted to dine inside, Then she engaged in light conversation, compliments, and with a finesse. (She still greeted and gave fond farewells all the while.) Before you know it our table was ready. Our server Mike was so busy with many tables but he kept our communication going, Mike even apologized for the wait on our order which really wasn't necessary. We might have waited 7 minutes, if that. Americans need to relax when they go to dine with the rush, rush, rush... (And yes I'm American) anyway with all that said the food was good. The portions were ridiculously big, our food was piping hot, and cooked just right. Our guest and I had The Fish and Chips and my daughter had The Derby Burger. The kitchen worked together like a perfect melody and it was reflected in the food. For a place that's only been open for a little over a year they are on the way for many years of success.

• Visited January 2014