“Impossible possible”

Cuisines: American
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Reservations
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Reservations
Reviewed January 21, 2014 via mobile

The owners have tried to save a landmark by continuing the same failed method...I think this is the definition of insanity.

My night started off with an early dinner at 5 o'clock with 6 adults and a baby. The host never got us a high chair had to request one. The wait staff fought with the host about putting a 7 top in their section while my party just stood watching. I made the comment that if no one wanted to serve us, I'm sure another establishment would appreciate our sales. The host apologized. We sat and waited 10 minutes before we were greeted by the server who didn't explain the paper printed menu or tell us about the nights special.

I felt the menu was all over the place. This place has no identity, it's as confused as a teenage girl. Are they a sports bar wannabe gastropub serving hot dogs and sandwiches or are they a garden cafe serving light dinner entrees for the cost of $20 a plate??

Started dinner with the fried creminis and fried pickles. The server insulted me by explaining creminis are mushroom. There's no talent needed to deep fry pickles and mushrooms. This appetizer had no flavor, the slices of pickles and mushrooms were too big, better if they were bite sized and served with a herbed ranch dipping but as I said before this place lacks identity from name to menu.
Anyways, I ordered the lasagna roll dish. It was like a deconstructed, stuffed lasagna without cheese. Unique but it lacked flavor and the lasagna noodles were undercooked. We received our dishes one by one with different waits. The other guest had hotdogs, burger and bbq sandwich. Most said the food was burnt of it lacked flavor, it wasn't anything to brag about.

1  Thank Jmo821

Reviewed January 20, 2014

I have eaten here several times now, and can honestly say you can depend on getting a great meal with pleasant atmosphere, and served by a friendly staff. I highly recommend the onion rings.

Reviewed January 15, 2014

My husband and I both ordered shrimp entrees; shrimp & grits and the shrimp & pancetta mac & cheese. The shrimp in both dishes were supposed to be fresh mayport shrimp; instead both entrees consisted of approximately 5 nickel sized shrimp that tasted frozen. The fried grit cakes were good as were the sauces on both entrees. We were disappointed and not sure we will return. On a positive note, our server was very pleasant.

Reviewed January 7, 2014

I met a few friends out for dinner here. The place had been remodeled and looked great. The food was good. I had oysters Rockefeller to start out with then a roast beef sandwich for my main meal. The meat was piled on and was very filling. My friend ordered the fish and chips and the grouper fillets were huge. Not too much breading either which is a plus. I would recommend this place to anyone.

Reviewed November 11, 2013

I had not eaten all day and found the reviews for Derby on Park, so I decided to give it a go. When I arrived no one was at the restaurant on the patio, so I sat down at the bar. The bartender and wait staff were wonderful! So friendly and gave great advice on what to eat. I decided on the Turkey sandwich and it was delicious. I would definitely tell someone to go by, it had a great atmosphere and great food!

Thank you for the lovely visit!