“Excellent!” 5 of 5 bubbles

Tony D's New York Pizza
Ranked #146 of 1,983 Restaurants in Jacksonville
Cuisines: Italian, Pizza
Good for: Dining on a budget, Families with children, Kids
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Delivery, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Television, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Chesapeake Virginia
“Excellent!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 5, 2013

We were in JAX on business staying in a hotel. We had a 'hankerin' for pizza, so I googled. I read the reviews on this place and we decided to try it. It was wonderful! Nice crust, not too much sauce and perfect amount of cheese. We tried to Meatball Parm, if you are ok with Ricotta cheese, try it. AMAZING!! We did NOT eat in, and when we told them we were staying in a hotel, they provided paper plates and extra napkins. Definetly awesome pizza!

1 Thank MouseinVirginia

Woodbine, Georgia
“Real New York style, right here in Jacksonville”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 4, 2013

This place makes great pies - thin crust, delicious sauce, great toppings. The "special" is my favorite! They also make fantastic garlic knots. If you're stopping for lunch, come early (i.e. abour 11:00 - 11:15AM) if you can - this place fills up early!

Saint Augustine, FL
“Closest Thing To NY Pizza”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 28, 2013

My husband and I grew up eating NY Pizza. Tony the owner is from Long Island and has perfected the art of being able to produce NY tasting pizza here in Florida. Besides great pizza there is an amazing Monday night pasta deal with pasta, a salad and a slice of NY cheesecake all for under $10.00. There is a large menu with chicken dishes, traditional Italian dishes, stromboli and HUGE calzones. There are also daily specials. The location is tucked away in a small strip of shops behind a Walgreens so you need to pay attention. The place is very clean, and casual. Jason along with the rest of their wait staff are always friendly. We recently moved a little further from Tony D's and picked up a pizza bag so we can still get hot pizza to go if we aren't dinning in. You should certainly give this place a shot.

• 3 of 5 bubbles
Toano, Virginia
“LOVE the meat lovers pizze”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 17, 2013

When we are in Jacksonville, this is a "must go" for their pizza. Others in our party of 5 adore the pasta.

Visited July 2013
Jacksonville, Florida
“Best pizza in Jax!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 2, 2013

Tony D's is handsdown my favorite pizza joint in Jax. I LOVE real pizza. I find it very difficult to find a pizza place that has a combination of good tasting crust that I want to eat and not leave on the plate, thin and not over powering sauce, and great tasting cheese. This is how pizza should be. You shouldn't be able to take a slice of pizza, throw it against a wall, and it still be intact, like you can do with chain restaurant pizza. It's not natural. Tony D's has the winning combination for my pizza taste buds. I've never dined in. My husband and I always get pizza to go. It can get quite pricey depending on what you order, but you get what you pay for -real quality ingredients. Two 14 inch extra cheese pizzas can run around 25 bucks, but it's worth it. A tip to make things cheaper: Tuesday is 2 for 1. Fantastic deal I must say. My husband and I usually just get extra cheese because the cheese is so incredible. We've had and used to get the typical toppings like pineapple, bacon, pepperoni, sausage, and mushroom. The pizza really doesn't need any toppings though. We always end up going back to the extra cheese because it's so tasty it can stand on it's own. They really pack it on and make a nice thick layer. It's always really gooey and if really really hot, it starts to slowly..... slowly.... slide when you pick it up. This isn't a bad thing, it's a good thing!! That's what real quality cheese is supposed to do. Cheese shouldn't stay put on a piece of pizza when you turn it upside down. C'mon now. The crust is flavorful and not too thin and not too thick. The sauce is always put on in a nice thin layer and I never feel like I have to scrape any excess off. They have a bunch of speciality pizzas as well. We've only had the Meatball Parm Pizza, which is incredible. It has a ton of huge sliced meatballs, cheese, and big dollups of ricotta on top. So good. It's so filling that this one pizza could feed 2 people and be completely stuffed. I hope Tony D's sticks around for a long time because it'll be hard finding another pizza joint that is as great as this one is.

• Visited June 2013