“Pretty good”
Review of Peppers Mexican - CLOSED

Peppers Mexican
Cuisines: Mexican
Reviewed January 19, 2014

We went to the one in Fernandina Beach for lunch. There was a happy hour special on margaritas for $3.99. They were watered down. They did have "hot shooters" which were very cool. It's a shot that's on fire that you sip through a straw. Delicious! Chips and salsa very good, but the rest of the entrees were pretty bland. It's very clean and has a nice atmosphere--full bar, but would not rush back to eat there.

Reviewed January 7, 2014

peppers on atlantic blvd is the best Mexican restaurant I have ever been in! the sevice is prompt! tge servers are kind! and the food is very very good! especially the beef faitas for 2!

Reviewed November 18, 2013

A good fair priced Mexican Restaurant. The food is good not great. Ambience is So-So. Drinks are good. My only complaint is that the restaurant is VERY loud. Good value for the money.

Reviewed July 3, 2013 via mobile

My husband and I have enjoyed every meal we've eaten at Peppers for years - until last night when the food went from authentic and extraordinary to just OK.

My all-time favorites: Jalapeno Poppers and Enchiladas Verdes Suizas were sadly disappointing.

The Jalapeno Poppers were small; the peppers dry; the order served without extra plates for sharing.

The chicken in the Enchiladas Verdes Suizas was barely warm; the tortillas room temperature; and there was no more than a tablespoon of verde sauce spooned over three enchilladas. The dish was served without the salad listed on the menu. When I asked for the salad, it came out with sour cream, chopped red cabbage and lettuce, and mostly onion in a bland salsa. No guacamole, and no flavor. Not the delicious fresh salad I have been served in the past. And there was a long, long wait for the food. Our server said it was because of a new chef.

On the plus side, Peppers still has my favorite chips and salsa, and the happy hour is a bargain. But be sure your server remembers to serve the "two for one." Ours forgot my second beer until I had finished the meal. She asked if I still wanted it. Hmmm.

I used to love this restaurant! But, after getting lukewarm food and poor drink service, I'm not sure I want to go back. I think more than the cook has changed. The vibe isn't really Mexican any more.

Reviewed April 8, 2013

Me and my wife stopped in for no reason other than we were hungry. I don't think either of us were expecting much. But the food was amazing! Best Mexican I've had in north Florida. Even the rice and beans were great, you could tell the refried beans were not canned. We use to visit another local Jacksonville chain but not anymore... I'm craving Peppers just typing this review.