“Good Mexican Food”
Review of Peppers Mexican - CLOSED

Peppers Mexican
Cuisines: Mexican
Reviewed November 18, 2013

A good fair priced Mexican Restaurant. The food is good not great. Ambience is So-So. Drinks are good. My only complaint is that the restaurant is VERY loud. Good value for the money.

Reviewed July 3, 2013 via mobile

My husband and I have enjoyed every meal we've eaten at Peppers for years - until last night when the food went from authentic and extraordinary to just OK.

My all-time favorites: Jalapeno Poppers and Enchiladas Verdes Suizas were sadly disappointing.

The Jalapeno Poppers were small; the peppers dry; the order served without extra plates for sharing.

The chicken in the Enchiladas Verdes Suizas was barely warm; the tortillas room temperature; and there was no more than a tablespoon of verde sauce spooned over three enchilladas. The dish was served without the salad listed on the menu. When I asked for the salad, it came out with sour cream, chopped red cabbage and lettuce, and mostly onion in a bland salsa. No guacamole, and no flavor. Not the delicious fresh salad I have been served in the past. And there was a long, long wait for the food. Our server said it was because of a new chef.

On the plus side, Peppers still has my favorite chips and salsa, and the happy hour is a bargain. But be sure your server remembers to serve the "two for one." Ours forgot my second beer until I had finished the meal. She asked if I still wanted it. Hmmm.

I used to love this restaurant! But, after getting lukewarm food and poor drink service, I'm not sure I want to go back. I think more than the cook has changed. The vibe isn't really Mexican any more.

Reviewed April 8, 2013

Me and my wife stopped in for no reason other than we were hungry. I don't think either of us were expecting much. But the food was amazing! Best Mexican I've had in north Florida. Even the rice and beans were great, you could tell the refried beans were not canned. We use to visit another local Jacksonville chain but not anymore... I'm craving Peppers just typing this review.

Reviewed March 22, 2013

depending on who's cooking and serving will impact the value. but overall, the carnitas are great. we always ask for the green hot sauce instead of the water downed tomato based salsa. the pico de gallo at times is made with a little cabbage so it makes it a little crunchy and tasty. Friday nights are peak time, so we typically order to go. check the local money pages for coupons.

Reviewed February 11, 2013

I recently had the opportunity to eat dinner at this restaurant and found it to be an enjoypable experience. We had been by this restaurant many times, but never really noticed it among the small group of stores in the shopping plaza. We originally were going to go to a pizza place in the same plaza that we were told to try. Well, turns out that it was only a take out place. So.....being hungry, we looked around and noticed Peppers Mexican Restaurant. We entered to a very quiet and relaxing atomosphere. The booths with their high backs were laid out in almost a maze like arrangement. The high backs created a very quiet eating experience. The service was very good. We did not have to wait long before the chips and salsa were put on the table and the waiter asked for our drink order. My husband tried the jalapeno margarita which he said was excellent. When it came time to order, the four of us all tried different dishes. They were all very good and more than adequate portions. The salsa tasted like it was made fresh. My dish came with rice and black beans instead of refried beans which I quite enjoyed. The price was what I would consider to be very reasonable. We will definitely return.