“Must Have Combo”

The Sheik
Ranked #648 of 2,111 Restaurants in Jacksonville
Cuisines: American
Reviewed April 15, 2014

I don't live in FL anymore but as this is my hometown I have to make a stop here for every visit I make. The steak in a sack combo with seasoned fries and cherry limeade is one meal that gives me cravings when I'm away. I had it two weeks ago and I cant wait to have it again in June.

1  Thank Gian-Pierre

Reviewed March 27, 2014 via mobile

This morning I was in Jacksonville on a day trip for my job, and took a break to find some breakfast. I had resigned myself to fastfood, but driving around looking for a place to eat, I drove past The Sheik Sandwich Shop (home of the Camel Rider). I wouldn't have tagged this as a breakfast spot, but the cars in the parking lot and lined up in the drive thru gave it away as a good place to try. I'm glad I did. I had the breakfast pita and a side of grits, both of which were very good. The breakfast pita is 2 eggs, cheese, and choice of bacon, ham, or sausage. It was packed, and would have been enough for breakfast without the grits. My total w coffee and tax was under 7 bucks. Service was friendly and fast. I'd eat here again for sure.

1  Thank pemobley
Reviewed June 30, 2013

If you have never had a steak in a sack you have got to try this place. It is a MUST have every time we head to Jacksonville. It is steak and onions and cheese in a pita and the fries are covered with seasoning salt. Don't forget your cherry lime aid!

1  Thank Susan S
Reviewed May 16, 2013

I always liked the food but it was pretty "worn" to put it politely the last time I went. This time everything was cleaned up and freshened up. The burgers as always are very good. The French fry seasoning was excellent. The bathrooms, although clean, needed to be rehabbed as did the outdoor tables. Inside the tables were nice the place looked a lot better. The food is good but the servers could be a bit nicer. I know they are busy but being more "welcoming" would go a long way in bringing in more business.

I highly recommend this place for good food and prices. Try it at least once for a quick meal. Lots of deals by the way every day.

If you find this helpful please mark it so.
Berny

1  Thank BaronFoer
Reviewed July 21, 2012

For a non chain to last over 20 years in a Big City is something of a miracle unless of course you have something that no one else has. Back in the "Day" many people had never heard of Pita bread. My first Pita was many many years ago at this very place . Piled high with meats and cheese good things never change or at least you hope they will not change..
The only thing that I saw that has changed was the Lime Aid of fresh squeezed limes mixed with a cherry . May sound terrible but everyone cannot be wrong and I bet they sold a million gallons of the stuff or more.If you in the area by Regency Square Mall try it for yourself and you will see why they have been there so long.