“Good Cuban Sandwich” 4 of 5 bubbles
Review of Mambos Cuban Cafe

Mambos Cuban Cafe
Ranked #74 of 1,983 Restaurants in Jacksonville
Good for: Dining on a budget, Families with children, Kids
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Accepts American Express, Accepts Discover, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Free Wifi, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible, Wine and Beer
Enterprise,AL
“Good Cuban Sandwich”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 29, 2013

Had a really good Cuban Sandwich with the hottest fries I've had in a long time. Was large enough that we could have split one instead of getting really miserable from each of us eating a whole one. Went another night just for the Tres Leches Cake which was outstanding to me but I guess I don't get out much. Actually quite a bit.

• 3 of 5 bubbles

common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Tasty Cuban at a Reasonable Price”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 27, 2013

Mambos Cuban Cafe offers very good Cuban cuisine at a reasonable price. They offer a broad range of selections on the menu. Prices are reasonable. The service was friendly and attentive, although it wasn't too crowded (I was there on a weekday evening). The restaurant is clean and nicely decorated. It doesn't feel like a big restaurant chain.

“Don't get confused.”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 18, 2013 via mobile

The place on Beach Blvd is the real deal. Due to a family fued, there are two restaurants. The one at the Beach with the same name has terrible food with worse service. But this place is Great

Jacksonville, Florida
“Food just ok, I expected more.I won't be going back.”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 15, 2013

I expected more from this restaurant. We went to the newer Regency restaurant, and hoped for some good Cuban food. We have some experience with Cuban food, and hoped to find a new place in town. We will keep looking. This seemed more like a fast food place than a sit down restaurant. My Cuban sandwich was just ok, the balance of ingredients was off. The best thing was the Mojo pulled pork. There was barely any cheese and I didn't taste any mustard. The bread was awful, not cuban bread but more of a french style baqette. It was also not toasted, which I understand is how cuban should be done. i traded up my side for 2.00 from fries to yellow rice and beans, both of which were cold. Rice was hard and the beans were not very flavorful. Service was only fair, there was one waitress and one cook for a Saturday night. When the waitress took our bill and credit card, she dropped out card in the "very hot water" of the sink and had a hard time getting it out. This did not make us happy at all. I feel they should have comped the meal after that, but they just took off our drinks. We will not be back, and I don't recommend this restaurant at all.

• Visited October 2013
“Authentic Cuban restaurant”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 26, 2013 via mobile

Another Friday down and the coworkers and I decided to try some Cuban food. The atmosphere is nice and clean nothing special. The staff is friendly and informative if you have questions. We had the little Havana for an app which included homemade empanadas. Fantastic! The we all tried a different sandwich but the authentic Cuban was the best. Great tasting sandwich. I would definitely recommend Mambos.

• Visited July 2013