“Good food, decent service.”
Review of Mambos Cuban Cafe

Mambos Cuban Cafe
Ranked #79 of 2,001 Restaurants in Jacksonville
Good for: Kids, Families with children
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Accepts American Express, Accepts Discover, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Free Wifi, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible, Wine and Beer
Arlington, VA, USA
“Good food, decent service.”
Reviewed April 29, 2013 via mobile

Good dining experience for lunch. Bistec de pechuga de pollo (chicken breast 'steak'), churrasco a la parrilla (grilled skirt steak), and pan con bistec (steak sandwich) were well prepared and very tasty. The latter has potato sticks in the sandwich. The Mambo's Platter is a great appetizer - maduros, tostones, yuca frita, masas de puerco. The flan here is absolutely rockin', especially for the price. Service was polite and friendly, perhaps a bit slow if you are on a timetable for your lunch hour. I will certainly be back.

• Visited April 2013

Live Oak, Florida
“Finally found great Cuban food in North Florida!”
Reviewed March 4, 2013

I left South FL five years ago and it's been a struggle searching all the grocery stores to find various products I used to have back home. Even worse finding a Cuban restaurant here...for every other place I've been except one in Gainesville are terrible. I've been to Mambo's now a few times and everything I've had was outstanding, even black beans was mouthwatering (and I don't like black beans)...I got a tres leches cake to go and while driving home on I95, I opened it to take just a taste...then I had to pull over to the side of the road in rush hour traffic to eat it, best I ever had! If not for the prices kinda on the costly side (but then again everything is these days) I'd go more often.

• Visited March 2013
1 Thank Carl M
Jacksonville
“There is a reason the other Mambos have all closed”
Reviewed February 25, 2013

The service is terrible. It will be just a matter of time before this one closes like all the others. I used to frequent the place all the time, but stopped after they screwed up my order for the 3rd time in as many tries.

Stay Away.

• Visited February 2013
Sanford, North Carolina
“Great food!”
Reviewed December 21, 2012

Mambos was recommended by some very good friends who take quality food and good customer service very seriously. My wife and I ate at Mambosthe first night we arrived for our visit to Jacksonville. We had traditional Cuban Sandwiches and Empanadas. The food was to die for!!!

The service was awesome and we continued to eat there at least 4 more times over a five day period, which included breakfast once as well.

I highly recommend Mambos for any dish they serve....all are excellent!!

Visited December 2012
“Great Cuban Sandwich”
Reviewed December 8, 2012 via mobile

This place makes one of the best Cuban sandwiches I have ever had. I keep wanting to try the pizza, but the Cuban with rice and beans is way to good to not grab.