“Great Cuban Sandwich”

Ranked #76 of 2,037 Restaurants in Jacksonville
Cuisines: Cuban
“Great Cuban Sandwich”
Reviewed December 8, 2012 via mobile

This place makes one of the best Cuban sandwiches I have ever had. I keep wanting to try the pizza, but the Cuban with rice and beans is way to good to not grab.

Florida
“A welcome addition to the Jacksonville Cuban food scene”
Reviewed July 31, 2012

My wife and I had been wanting to try this place for a while, and when we found a DealChicken deal for it, we snapped it up! Mambos Cuban Cafe is a sister-restaurant to Mambos Cuban Bistro at Jacksonville Beach. The fare here at this location is less pricey than the one at the beach, but the food is excellent, and the staff were great.

Upon arrival, we were promptly greeted and seated. I presented my voucher, which was met with a little confusion. I guess the staff didn't know about it, which doesn't surprise me. A lot of places who advertise on the deal sites don't usually communicate it to their staffs. However, they honored the voucher, and we got two entrees with a pitcher of Sangria included. Our server answred all our questions about the menu, and my wife opted for the Masitas de Puerco y Tostones, and I had the Ropa Vieja.

The Masitas were tender and flavorful, as was the Ropa Vieja. It came with rice and black beans, but there were other choices for sides. Jacksonville doesn't have many good Cuban restaurants. Mambos has definitely raised the bar and will hopefully be here to stay. My only wish is that they would make Mofongo a permanent addition to the menu, since they did say they make it sometimes. I would have loved to try theirs. I know we will definitely return, so maybe I will get a chance!

• Visited July 2012