“Hands down have it right!!!”

Bold Bean Coffee Roasters
Reviewed February 13, 2014

On our drive to florida we googled coffee roasting co for our trip. We're wild about fresh good coffee. We found a winner. They do coffee the way coffee was meant to be done . Try the chocolate chili latte, out of this world. Their pourovers are perfect. We lived it so much we stopped on the way to Miami and in the way back! Live the place, make it a point to stop only a minute of 95 s

1  Thank Riehlylovecoffee

Reviewed February 12, 2014

My first time in Jacksonville and a friend recommended that I stop in. The coffee and staff were great. The cafe itself is tastefully done with an old warehouse-feel to it. Very diverse and bohemian atmosphere. I had jeans, an oxford shirt and a sport jacket and I got a few stares as the only business-man in the store. No bother to me and it was just as fun for me to stare right back at their large ear pieces, tight yoga pants and motorcycle garb. Definitely recommend!

1  Thank OneGForce
Reviewed January 23, 2014

Be on notice, Bold Bean Coffee, I almost gave you three stars. I am really irritated that the "large" coffee is no larger than a medium, at best. I mean, I will pay more just put an actual large coffee on the menu. Aside from the lack of a large coffee, the place is mostly good. They try hard. The staff is courteous and display the utmost in (Bohemian) professionalism. If you are an office professional expect to get a few stares from the clientele,...for whatever reason.

The quality and the preparation of the coffee is excellent. The flavor is premium. Again, as previously discussed, the lack of a REAL large is a problem. The coffee is less rich than Starbucks. I actually do prefer Starbucks but I try to stop at Bold Bean once in awhile to support small business.

I really enjoyed the backyard. For some reason there is a typewriter which is used as a planter.

The bathroom was clean and stocked. The cream / sugar station was clean and stocked. The menu was varied.

Reviewed January 14, 2014 via mobile

Had a latte and hubby had a cappuccino. Both were a work of art. Great place to bring a good book to enjoy with a cup of goodness. Latte was creamy.

1  Thank amoreledolce
Reviewed January 10, 2014

Visiting Jacksonville for the 2013 Jacksonville Marathon. Found this coffee house on Trip Advisor with many favorable reviews. Not claiming to be a professional coffee taster, but I love great coffee and this was as good as I have found. Single source. Roasted in house, small batch, organic. Drank Bali there and bought a Nicaraguan and a Columbian whole bean to take home. Roasted as I like it-not too dark to hide the bean flavor. And they are expert brewers. They also have artisinal beers and teas and a few pastries. Nice atmosphere and active on a Saturday afternoon. If I lived in Jacksonville, I would visit very often

2  Thank runningfool262