“Wow”

Lola’s Burrito & Burger Joint
Ranked #96 of 2,038 Restaurants in Jacksonville
Cuisines: Mexican
Dining options: Late Night
Description: New place has been open a month but awesome!
Ocala, Florida
“Wow”
Reviewed September 22, 2013

My wife and I ate here with friends it was amazing. We all ate something different and all where very impressed ! The Dukes bear on tap was also great. We can't wait to go back!

• Visited September 2013

“Kind of overrated”
Reviewed August 18, 2013 via mobile

The food is ok (don't bother with a salad, though), the drinks are usually a LOT of ice not a lot of drink, its overpriced, and the ambiance is a bit rowdy and loud. They're trying to attract the young party crowd, I get it. But its a bit much for me, and I'm usually pretty much down with whatever. I guess what I'm trying to say is they're just trying too hard to be cool. The service has basically sucked every time I've gone. I've tried to like this place, but I just keep getting disappointed. The kicker? Tons of spelling and grammar mistakes on the menu......I know how ridiculous I sound, but I just can't get over that part. I won't be back.

Visited June 2013
Jacksonville, Florida
“If you like corn You will love the Mexican Street Corn”
Reviewed June 30, 2013

We went there on a Friday night and the place was full. We had a couple of beers and the small taco's with the best Mexican Street Corn I ever had. Great place to eat and enjoy a Friday night.

“Creative Fresh Burrito's”
Reviewed June 17, 2013

Lola's has big burritos and with names like "Chooie's Chimmy", "The Curious George", and "The Really Dirty Sanchez" you know they have to be filled with some ingredients that you don't normally find in an ordinary burrito! Like another reviewer stated it is dark inside and there is a large bar with stools to sit at, neither bothered my family of four (2 adults + 2 kids, 15 & 11). In fact the decorations are fun to look at while you wait for your food. We ordered the above mentioned burritos with The Chavez Salad and shared between the four of us. I'm glad we did! It was enough food for sure. I'm in love with The Curious George, chorizo, fried plantains, black beans, tomatoes, cabbage, cheese, and rice. The hubby and girl shared the Dirty Sanchez, 2 deep-fried soft shell crabs with black beans, cabbage, onions, peppers, tomatoes, rice and cheese. The boy child had the Chimmy filled with steak, black beans, rice, cheese, cabbage, tomatoes, and chimichurri sauce, half of that burrito came home. The chips are great and our salad was huge too. Basically a Caesar but with Cotija cheese and cilantro added in and served in a flour tortilla bowl that's more fun to eat than the salad! Next time we're trying Empanada's and Street Corn. The prices are fair, the food is fresh and made to order, and the portions are good sized. 4 thumbs up from this family. Also for the picky kid eaters they have mac and cheese and chicken fingers but I would make them try a burrito!

• Visited June 2013
“Unique food, bad service”
Reviewed June 10, 2013

I ate here on a weekend recently. The server asked if we wanted chips.... I'm glad my fiance tipped me off to the fact that they're an additional charge before I got the check! Chips were greasy, but plentiful. The Curious George burrito is fantasic and huge for the price. The service really ruins this place, though! Waited forever for a drink refill when the server was chatting at the next table over. Liked the unusual dishes, but typical Riverside service was a real turn off.