“Wonderful experience!”

Kathryn Abbey Hanna Park
Ranked #9 of 172 things to do in Jacksonville
Reviewed February 24, 2010

Despite several bad reviews, we found this to be a wonderful experience. We arrived late, and the staff were super helpful - Dan, the main gate guard, called the camp host, who met us at the 2nd gate, and then helped us set up - in the dark, no less. The park was beautifully maintained, the beach close and pristine, restrooms very clean, and everyone was so friendly. The park had plenty to do in and of itself, but was convenient to many of NE FL attractions, shops, and restaurants. Although we weren't there in peak season, we'll definitely go back! BTW, Dan was the man!

1  Thank mombogogo

Reviewed February 20, 2010

The park is well worth the stay for the scenery, the ocean, but not if you have any need for customer service. If you try to make ANY change to your reservation, forget it. The staff is unhelpful and the manager is downright NASTY. For example, and this is not an exact quote.... all our sites are "natural" and we are not one of your RV parks, so if you have trouble, little lady, with getting your camper level, just know what you want this time. We only move you one time. (Like I had a choice of sites earlier????. I described the type and size of my camper, they assigned the site!) I walked out, kept my site, parked at a really odd angle and won't be back.
We have camped here for years without a problem. We know enough to be aware that this park is crowded and noisy on the weekends, but quiet and pretty much empty on the weekdays during the winter. We would NEVER stay here during the summer because it is a mad house.

2  Thank RetiredGrands
Reviewed November 1, 2009

I am a traveling entertainer who has stayed in Hanna Park on several separate occasions over the last five years. I have thoroughly enjoyed the park every time! My only regret is that I am on the road so much that I cannot be here more often, and for longer periods. Reservation staff have always been helpful and friendly. True, once you get into the campground, you're sort of on your own, but the place is very secure and facilities fairly well-maintained. For example, the laundry is available 24 hours a day and machines are in great shape -- can't say that about too many of the RV parks that I've stayed in!

Who wouldn't love this park: 1. people who are used to a more "sterile" RV resort; though campsites are farily level, they definitely bear traces of roots and rocks and other natural features -- and dirt! ... 2. people who are concerned about creatures of the wild, like raccoons, bugs and snakes ... 3. families who are used to sophisticated forms of entertainment for their kids; if the kids like to ride bikes and play on old-fahioned playground equipment, they'll be fine, but there's no video game arcade ... 4. people who enjoy organized social activities at their campground

Who would love this park: 1. beach lovers ... 2. light hikers ... 3. people who like to ride bikes (but not necessarily serious cyclists) ... 4. nature lovers ... 5. people who appreciate quiet and being left alone

2  Thank RoadieDog
Reviewed October 7, 2009

booked a few nights after a gig in August. I'm a travelling entertainer. I told the reservationist that I'd be arriving very late. She told me it wouldn't be a problem. come to find out, you can't arrive late because there's a ferry you need to take coming from the north end. If you want to take the bridge, you need to drive about 45 minutes all the way arround Jacksonville! And you still can't get into the gate late. I camped on the side of the road. the refuse to reimburse. I'm no greenhorn when booking these things...i do it for a living. I know what questions to ask. I'm VERY disappointed in this place. NO customer service whatsoever. I have to resort to disputing the Credit Card Charge. they could have just showed some customer service, but chose indignation. Either way, I won't have to pay. i gave them a chance at showing some customer service....same result.

4  Thank TravelingEntertainer
Reviewed September 19, 2009

I read reviews, we have been there several times over the yrs as a son and family stationed at Mayport...I've never seen Hanna Park in bad shape. After new owners took over all the druggies and rift-raft were cleaned out by the police. It's a great park, the spaces are big enough for a 38' plus tow, with slide-outs on both sides there is still room. Very well patroled also, and great place to walk, bicycle or jog. We would highly recommend it. The prices have increased from abt $18 to $33.90, as I called recently. But with FULL hook-ups it's not bad. Long's from Alabama

2  Thank goldwing87