“Worth the Stay”

Ranked #57 of 133 Hotels in Jacksonville
Harrisburg, Pennsylvania
“Worth the Stay”
Reviewed October 12, 2010

Upon arrival, the front desk agent directed us to complementary coffee, tea, cookies and fresh popcorn, which was nice since it was 9pm and we were hungry.
The room was very nice, comfortable beds, and flat screen tv.
Everything was in good working order....microwave, refridg. etc.
Breakfast was good, lots of food you won't go hungry.
Good location, right on and off of 9A and close to lots of stores, and airport.
If you need one night or an extended stay, worth the $$ and ask for AAA rate if you have it, you get their best rate. Enjoy! I did!!

• Stayed October 2010, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (24)
USA
Reviewed September 4, 2010

Friendly staff and good breakfast as you would expect to find at a Hampton Inn. Room was comfortable but air conditioner made excessive noise. For the price, a decent place to stay but I've certainly been to better maintained Hampton Inns. Location is just off route 9A and Monument Road so convenient to airport, Mayport, etc.

• Stayed August 2010, traveled on business
Charleston, South Carolina
Reviewed August 11, 2010

I am an avid Hampton Inn customer but if I ever have to go back to JAX I will not be staying at this hotel. I left the room the day before checkout to go to a meeting but before I left I hid or so I thought a 375.00 diver's watch in my bag. When I returned I went to put it on and of course it was missing. I had to get belligerent with the general manager before she would even offer to let me fill out a statement to fax to the main office. She kept saying I can't do anything, I'm sorry. If you stay here and you have valuables, take them with you or chances are you will not have them once you return!

• Stayed August 2010, traveled on business
2 Thank nvragn
Tallahassee, Florida
Reviewed August 2, 2010

Nothing really special. The staff was friendly but things are a little run down. The locks on the doors don't work very well. Sometimes you have to swip your card several times for them to open. They don't always lock when you close the door...you should check to be sure it's really locked. The pool was nice but the spa doesn't work. Breakfast was ok.

• Stayed July 2010, traveled on business
Collegeville
Reviewed August 9, 2009

Having stayed here 5 years ago when the hotel was brand new, we didn't hesitate to stay at this hotel. HAVE THINGS CHANGED!!! The hotel has been allowed to get run down and given the fact that we had made reservations several months in advance we expected to at least get one of the best rooms. The carpet was so filthy that we wouldn't dare walk around barefoot. Having driven 15 hours from Philadelphia from Jacksvonville we just wanted to sleep and didn't complain until we were leaving. Completed a survey online, were contacted by the Hilton organization, received an apology and were thanked for the feedback. We advid Hampton Inn supporters, but would never stay or recommend staying at this hotel again.

• Stayed June 2009, traveled with family
effort pa
Reviewed May 3, 2009

Stayed at the Hampton Inn JAX was picking daughter up from college and stay an extra day. In a nut shell if you’re looking for a high end stay this isn't the hotel. The hotel definitely served its purpose for us. The rooms are comfortable and clean, the pool and hot tub was nice as well. There is a restaurant literally right across the parking lot and a nice mall within minutes for you shoppers. We were about 30 minutes from the free public beach. The free breakfast was ok they had hot and cold choices which also served are purpose. The people behind the counter were pleasant overall I would stay there again.

• Stayed April 2009, traveled with family
Madison, Mississippi
Reviewed April 23, 2009

Front desk staff very courteous, went the extra mile. Room was very clean and the bed was almost too comfortable.

Didn't have my laptop with me so the business center more than met my needs for Internet access.

The breakfast area was fully stocked and kept spotless! We got a great rate and will stay here again when our travels take us back to the Arlington / Regency Mall area of Jacksonville Florida.

• Stayed April 2009, traveled with family