“Ripped Off!”

Ranked #57 of 133 Hotels in Jacksonville
Charleston, South Carolina
“Ripped Off!”
Reviewed August 11, 2010

I am an avid Hampton Inn customer but if I ever have to go back to JAX I will not be staying at this hotel. I left the room the day before checkout to go to a meeting but before I left I hid or so I thought a 375.00 diver's watch in my bag. When I returned I went to put it on and of course it was missing. I had to get belligerent with the general manager before she would even offer to let me fill out a statement to fax to the main office. She kept saying I can't do anything, I'm sorry. If you stay here and you have valuables, take them with you or chances are you will not have them once you return!

• Stayed August 2010, traveled on business
2 Thank nvragn

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (24)
Tallahassee, Florida
Reviewed August 2, 2010

Nothing really special. The staff was friendly but things are a little run down. The locks on the doors don't work very well. Sometimes you have to swip your card several times for them to open. They don't always lock when you close the door...you should check to be sure it's really locked. The pool was nice but the spa doesn't work. Breakfast was ok.

• Stayed July 2010, traveled on business
Collegeville
Reviewed August 9, 2009

Having stayed here 5 years ago when the hotel was brand new, we didn't hesitate to stay at this hotel. HAVE THINGS CHANGED!!! The hotel has been allowed to get run down and given the fact that we had made reservations several months in advance we expected to at least get one of the best rooms. The carpet was so filthy that we wouldn't dare walk around barefoot. Having driven 15 hours from Philadelphia from Jacksvonville we just wanted to sleep and didn't complain until we were leaving. Completed a survey online, were contacted by the Hilton organization, received an apology and were thanked for the feedback. We advid Hampton Inn supporters, but would never stay or recommend staying at this hotel again.

• Stayed June 2009, traveled with family
effort pa
Reviewed May 3, 2009

Stayed at the Hampton Inn JAX was picking daughter up from college and stay an extra day. In a nut shell if you’re looking for a high end stay this isn't the hotel. The hotel definitely served its purpose for us. The rooms are comfortable and clean, the pool and hot tub was nice as well. There is a restaurant literally right across the parking lot and a nice mall within minutes for you shoppers. We were about 30 minutes from the free public beach. The free breakfast was ok they had hot and cold choices which also served are purpose. The people behind the counter were pleasant overall I would stay there again.

• Stayed April 2009, traveled with family
Madison, Mississippi
Reviewed April 23, 2009

Front desk staff very courteous, went the extra mile. Room was very clean and the bed was almost too comfortable.

Didn't have my laptop with me so the business center more than met my needs for Internet access.

The breakfast area was fully stocked and kept spotless! We got a great rate and will stay here again when our travels take us back to the Arlington / Regency Mall area of Jacksonville Florida.

• Stayed April 2009, traveled with family
Boston, Massachusetts
Reviewed March 27, 2009

I liked my stay at the hampton. I was in my room only to go to sleep but everything i basically needed was there. A hot shower, ironing board, T.V., refrigerator to put my soda and energy drinks inside, microwave, comfortable bed, they changed the sheets everyday, towels, refilled all the shampoos, lotions and such. The Air Conditioner worked wonderfully, it ventelated the room when i was away. I was there for a week and it was close to my buddys house. I liked my stay there.

• Stayed March 2009, traveled solo
Florida
Reviewed July 31, 2008

I really enjoyed my stay. I am in the military and I have been sleeping on a twin size bed for over six months. I took leave came to this hotel for one night and I loved it. The bed was huge I could lay across it touching one end and my feet didn't touch the other side; I'm 5'7. The breakfast wasn't all that but the internet service completely made up for it's in a neat little room closed off so you can have privacy . It was very clean and I left very happy. If you are on a budget this isn't really the hotel to choose but if you are looking to relax at no cost this is the place to stop!!!!!

• Liked — The bed
  • Disliked — The breakfast
  • Stayed July 2008, traveled on business
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)