Hampton Inn Jacksonville East Regency Square
Ranked #38 of 134 Hotels in Jacksonville
Reviewed April 18, 2013

I found the rooms clean and comfortable. The bathroom was sparkling clean. The front desk was quick, efficient and friendly. I would stay here again. The area around the hotel was great with shopping close by - excellent when travelling with a teenage girl!!

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with Hampton
1  Thank Sharon E

Reviewed April 18, 2013

My husband and I were going on a cruise and booked a one night stay for a non-smoking room at the Hampton Inn about several weeks ago. This is the first undesirable experience I've had since staying in your hotel chain. We arrived and checked in around 7pm on 4/17, we were sent to room 522 and when we arrived in the room the stench of cigarettes was very strong in the room. There were matches and an ashtray on the desk which led us to believe quite naturally this was a smoking room. We called the front desk and the woman was very understanding and apologetic. She explained the only room available, 410, had a noisy ac unit. We explained that we would take that over the smell of cigarettes. When I went down to get the new key, she explained the manager would be in on Thursday morning and we could express our concerns at that time. When we got to the room, the carpet was damp as if it had been cleaned and was not dry or it was just retaining moisture. The next morning after breakfast I attempted to express my concerns to the manager on duty, Suzanne Shafer, who was only concerned about verifying my husband worked for the hotel chain and stressed I wasn't even listed on the room when our receipt, which I may add was left in the hallway in front of our door, clearly states 2 adults. She repeatedly cut me off and at this point, I lost patience with her and continued on with my story and continuously asked what my husband's employment status had to do with my concerns, since that should have been verified at check in. I call my husband over to speak to her and she says "we didn't charge you anyway" and drops a remittance on the desk in front of us that shows only the employee rate, nothing else. I explain we received a receipt this morning in front of our door and again she was nasty. I did lose my patience and tell her she was a "nasty b****" and not conducting herself like a manager. She snickered and said something under her breath and at that point we walked away. I am very disgusted. I would also like to add to my comment that when I explained we were put in a smoking room after requesting a nonsmoking, the manager on duty, Suzanne Shafer, states "it's not a smoking room, only on a non-smoking floor" and when I asked why there were matches and an ash tray she just continued on stating she needed to verify my husband's employment status. I am very disappointed in the way this woman conducted herself and even reached around me as I was talking to assist another guest. When we got back to the room my husband called the desk to verify the check-out time, the phone was answered and immediately put on hold and then picked up and disconnected. I will be sure to let anyone I know that visits Jacksonville that the Hampton Inn on 1021 Hospitality Lane does not know how to treat their guests and has no kind of customer service training.

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed April 16, 2013

Landscaping was not kept up, had to wait over 10 min for someone to come to the desk to check me in and the room was in poor condition. Also, if you have to put a hand written sticky note on the headboard of the bed to tell the guest the sheets and bedspread are clean, there is a problem. Ended up checking out and going to another hotel down the street.

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed April 9, 2013

We stay at Hampton because they are clean and feel clean. This room looked clean but did not feel it. Almost like it had not been used in awhile. It did not feel fresh. But still nice hotel. It was close to family. The air conditioner was very loud. We should have told staff but did not. We only stated one night. Got a good rate with AAA discount. Allot of jets in hot tube not working.

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with Hampton
1  Thank Monica C
Reviewed April 7, 2013

Our first visit to Mayo we decided to stay here. Our room was clean and well organized. Check in was a breeze. Mayo wanted a few more tests and we were able to extend our stay with no problem at a very reasonable rate.Hampton Breakfast was good. Many other restaurants in the area.

• Stayed: May 2012, traveled with family
Reviewed March 28, 2013

Loved it for me and my family. The breakfest was fresh and hot. The room was very clean and and room was very spacious with the king bed in it. I would reccommend this to anyone who has a family and needs a affordable place to stay it was really nice

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed March 22, 2013 via mobile

Just like a past comment had stated, it was clear the hotel front desk workers did not want anything to do with doing work. We walked into our first room which had a large urine stain on the center of the pull out couch mattress exposed for us to see. The room was muggy and air conditioner was not working. Had to get the sheets from the front desk for the couch and the lady was very annoyed with having to get the sheets. We called to see if we could be moved to a room with a working air conditioner and she was short and said someone would be up right away to take a look. About 30 mins later with no answer, we called back and the next shift front desk lady was there and did not hear anything about our situation but finally got us another room. This room had a written post-it on the bed saying sheets were clean on the bed. Then we see the sheet on the king bed had a few clear stains in the center so I had to ask for another sheet. Basically nasty and never again.

• Stayed: March 2013