“Needs A Much Needed MakeOver” 3 of 5 stars
Review of Knights Inn Jacksonville Downtown

Knights Inn Jacksonville Downtown
Knights Inn Jacksonville Downtown
Ranked #105 of 132 Hotels in Jacksonville
“Needs A Much Needed MakeOver”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 26, 2014

First let me say that I'm a room inspector for one of the top hotels in Florida.And I must say the room I had was not worth the money I paid.The Sheets were dirty had dirt marks that were visible and the extra cover had cigarette burns the carpet was dirty I had to walk with my shoes on.I asked a staff member for extra coffee for my room she didn't have which was fine but I think she could've stopped for a moment to find some poor customer service in the Housekeeping dept.Also they need to deal with the roach problem they have.This is a place for a person with low standards.In closing I was woken up at the crack of dawn by a loud fight my guess is something shady was going on!

• Stayed May 2014
2 Thank Troblemaker

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (5)
Miami, Florida
1 of 5 stars Reviewed January 29, 2014

I stayed for a weekend due to a emergency and this is the worst hotel on earth. This hotel has roaches that crawled all over me and my husband when we layed in bed. I saw dirty condoms in my trash can. You have to speak spanish if you are going to stay here because they hire more hispanic people like thats the only type of people that can work. They don't like to fix anything. I came here last year and had no problem during bike week and the nice younger skinny young lady..She accomodated everyone very well and even made my husband breakfast due to his disability. However, This hotel is run down and needs to be torn down! The management sucks. The breakfast needs some different changes. Nobody wants to eat waffles all the time. The new manager sucks and I saw her kissing another employee in his mouth ewww.....what is going on with this hotel? The price is not worth paying.Looks like a 30.00 a night hotel. Reminds me of the diamond inn due to all the prostitutes and a employee told me the security cameras don't work. Wow...Hot mess! Do not stay here at all.

• Stayed January 2014
1 Thank Brittanybadd

Travelers are raving about these Jacksonville hotels

Lakeland, FL
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 28, 2013

The marque out fron boldly announces:
FREE WI FI.
Upon checking in, I specifically asked the desk clerk if the wi fi was up and running.
He assured me, it was.
Once in my room, and unable to connect, I called the front desk, only to get a serious runaround.
He offered to move me to a different room, but told me the wi fi probably won't be any better in ANY of the rooms.

Other than that, the room was clean and comfortable.

Room Tip: NO WI FI - forget what they tell you.
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank rkhawg
Asheville, North Carolina
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 16, 2013

Went to the knigh inn after driving from Asheville. NC. Very tired (worked part of the day) The desk clerk was not smiling did not say "how are you" nothing, she had the personally of a slug. The Security guard was very frienly and should have been the desk clerk. Room were ok. I only stayed there for 8 Hours..

• Stayed April 2013, traveled solo
Norcross, Georgia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 5, 2013

I stay here for 4 days and it was a nice and clean place. The manager and the staff are very friendly and they had good coffee and waffles. I will stay here again when I come back to see my family. There are a lot of restaurant close by good bbq and apple'b.

Room Tip: The lower rooms next to the office is nice and it was quiets.
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
    • 5 of 5 stars
Sunset Beach, North Carolina
2 of 5 stars Reviewed September 3, 2012

We stayed here because this hotel was close to family and old friends. The room was in need of deep cleaning, new bedding, new carpet, decor & paint. We had a king room, but no king pillows on the bed. the wall paper border, bed spread, curtins and pics in the room were all mix matched. There were several maint issues that needed to be tended to, such as the bathroom light shorting out. When we got into bed the smell of mildew was so strong we had to stuff the pillows between the matress and wall to keep from smelling it and be able to sleep. The coffee maker would not stay on and you could see where they tried to fix it with tape.
This place needs to be closed down by the bord of health!

ONE MORE THING...Don't bother askin for a late check out!

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
    • 3 of 5 stars
Also consider these accommodations in or near Jacksonville
Sleep Inn & Suites - Jacksonville
3.5 of 5 stars 100 reviews
Hampton Inn Jacksonville I-10 West
BEST WESTERN PLUS Cecil Field Inn & Suites
Comfort Suites Jacksonville I-295

Been to Knights Inn Jacksonville Downtown? Share your experiences!