“Chillin' at Fionn MacCool's”

Fionn MacCool’s Irish Restaurant and Pub
Ranked #10 of 2,038 Restaurants in Jacksonville
Cuisines: American, Irish
Good for: Bar scene
Dining options: Late Night, Dinner, Reservations
Description: Face it-you've seen one Irish pub you've seen them all. We couldn't agree more, which is why Fionn MacCool's Irish Restaurant & Pub stands apart from the rest. Once you step into our pub, it's like you're back in Ireland. From the friendly conversations to the tantalizing aromas of your favorite meals, Fionn MacCool's brings a bit of Ireland to Jacksonville Beach. With our authentic Irish food, live entertainment, and friendly atmosphere, our Irish pub has the recipe you've been looking for. Fionn MacCool's Irish Pub & Restaurant -- it doesn't get much more authentic than this.
Fort Lauderdale, Florida
“Chillin' at Fionn MacCool's”
Reviewed February 4, 2014

I had a wonderful dinner at Fionn MacCool's on Saturday night while in town for a conference. I sat outside to enjoy the river views. It was a little chilly so heaters were set up nearby. My waiter - Dana - was very familiar with the menu and offered great suggestions, and provided excellent service. I ordered the Shepard's Pie for my entre, and it was the best I'd ever had. The restaurant had a great atmosphere - inside and outside - and the waiters were even in kilts! I definitely recommend checking it out!

• Visited February 2014
Patty T, Director of Marketing at Fionn MacCool’s Irish Restaurant and Pub, responded to this review, March 8, 2014
So glad to hear that you enjoyed your time at Fionn's. We appreciate your business and your kind review! We are so lucky to have such great views of the St. John's riverfront. Thank you for letting us know about the food, atmosphere and service. We look forward to having you visit again on your next trip to Jacksonville. Slainte!!!

Kankakee, Illinois
“Good Irish Food”
Reviewed February 3, 2014

I had a great dinner there of the lamb shank. It was delicious. The lamb was so tender and the vegetables were hot and fresh. The only thing was the server recommended the Shepards Pie which I proceeded to order and then was informed they were out of it for the evening. He never left my table, why tell me about a dish that they don't have???

• Visited January 2014
Thank you for dining with us at Fionn's. I am so happy you enjoyed the lamb shank. It is a popular item! Customer feedback is so helpful and we appreciate that you took the time to let us know about your experience. Hope to have you back again soon. Slainte!!!
Mc Lean
“Group Dinner”
Reviewed January 28, 2014

My business colleagues and I went to this restaurant and were pleasantly surprized. We walked in with a group of 11 and with no reservation, were seated immediately. Our waitress was efficient and attentive. The atmosphere is cozy neighborhood bar serving Irish comfort food with a great beer selection. I had the corned beef and cabbage and sweet potato cassarole, all of which were absolutely delicious. Everyone in our group thoroughly enjoyed their meal and several remarked to me that they'd like to go there again. Defintely worth a return visit.

• Visited January 2014
Patty T, Director of Marketing at Fionn MacCool’s Irish Restaurant and Pub, responded to this review, February 6, 2014
We are honored to have such a great review from a "Travel Diva"! We are family owned and operated and want everyone who enters our restaurant to feel like an invited guest in our home. Thank you for your patronage and for taking the time to let us know about your experience. We would love to have you visit us again on your next trip to Jacksonville. Hope your time in our great city was fantastic. Slainte!!
Columbia, South Carolina
“Great food, great atmosphere”
Reviewed January 28, 2014 via mobile

Really couldn't have asked for a better experience.
Shepard's Pie was AMAZING, as are the Reuben spring rolls.
We will definitely make it a point to stop here when in the area again.

We love to hear from our guests! Thank you so much for your business and your review. We are so happy you enjoyed your time at Fionn's and liked the Shepherd's Pie and Reuben Spring Rolls. It's nice to let our guys in the kitchen know they are doing a great job! We look forward to having you in the pub again. Slainte!
Saint Paul MN
“Very good place to eat”
Reviewed January 17, 2014

I live in Phoenix AZ, and every year I have to come to Jacksonville FL to attend a conference. Each year we stay at the Omni Hotel, which is right next to the "Jacksonville Landing". In early 2013, we came to Foinn MacCool's and had a pretty meidorcore experience. This guy, John Lennon (his actual name) was our waiter (right, John Lennon in an Irish restaurant, this has to be good). Well, in 2013, my experience was not so good. Don't get me wrong, the food is and always is great, but John Lennon let my glass stay empty far too long, and stayed away from our table too long (totally neglected us) for me to give a positive review, and kind of hampered the reputation of the overall service of this place. Tonight, January 17th 2014, we had a waitress named Rocky ( a girl). She was awesome. We came with a party of 6, and she handled everyone at our table ( some not so nice to Rocky) and she handled it great. She was so polite, so professional, so knowledgeable about the menu, and really cared about our dining experience. Because of Rocky, my personal opinion of Fionn MacCools has changed. Rocky never let my glass stay empty of alcohol for longer than 10 seconds, and she ran her butt off getting us everything we collectively asked for. Rocky is a great server. She single handy covered for John Lennon's sub par performance last year, and totally redeemed the reputation this place had for not only me regarding the service, but our entire group. Rocky, when I come back next year, I hope I get to see you again. You are awesome! The food at this place is great. The service is sometimes questionable, unless you get an all-star like Rocky serving you. Oh yeah, and the fish and chips, are the best you will find in Florida. If you are unsure what to eat here, go with the fish and chips, or ask Rocky, she will recommend a great meal.

• Visited January 2014
Patty T, Director of Marketing at Fionn MacCool’s Irish Restaurant and Pub, responded to this review, February 3, 2014
We are so proud of Rocky! She really is a "Rock Star" and our official "Employee of the Year" (among several other awards). Thank you for taking the time to let us know about your latest trip to Fionn's. Good service truly is the magic behind a great experience. We appreciate your business and value your opinion. We are so glad you gave us another shot. And, THANK YOU... we do have the best Fish N' Chips! We look forward to your next visit. Slainte!!